Can anyone reassure me about June?

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
We've booked for a Miami and Orlando twin-centre for June and I keep reading about how it's the month with the most rain of the year and hurricanes and I'm worried it could be a washout.

We've been twice before in August and loved it but is June really much wetter? The odd afternoon downpour for an hour is fine but I'd be disappointed if an entire day or days were stormy

I would not worry about a hurricane in June. It's possible but that would happen more likely in August September October. The good thing about June is it won't be as miserably hot as August. Rain can always be an issue in FL. Just remember to pack or purchase ponchos! If it's not a major downpour Disney is a blast in the rain.

TBH there is no telling. We got caught with a TS off the coast when we went in June which provided us with 3 days of rain.

It could happen anytime though - I wouldn't worry.

I wouldn't worry about the weather. We've been there during a hurricane in August yet still had a fab time.

We went last June and never saw a drop of rain until we were at the airport on the way home! We have also been in July when it rained once.

We did go in May once - historically quite a dry month and it hit hit a 50 year record that year for the most rain in May - very very wet.

Usually the hurricane season builds all summer with a peak in September (we are going on the 19th September this year) and have been at that time of year a few times.

One year right at the end of October, we had Hurricane Wilma which hit Florida at a Category 2 (it had been a 4/5 over the Caribbean)

Point of all this is ....... you just never know!

I've been in August many times and May into early June once. It was an unseasonably hot May/June but we didn't see much rain. Much less than we have ever seen in August. Had 5 days solid rain one year in August due to a tropical storm. I loved the hot without the rain when we went in May/June but as I say have only had one experience this time of year so may have gotten lucky.

Have gone past 2 years in June (early to mid and late in month); Temp wise early June was noticeably more comfortable though it did threaten or rain in afternoon nearly everyday-usually not long though. Had one day where was overcast and raining nearly all day (out of 14 days) - however the parks tend to empty out-we got some fab pictures without crowds, walked right into shows/rides etc (was at DHS) and saw the Cinderella carriage without ANY people around (every other time we went there were hordes of people trying to see the carriage). The rain that day was off/on and I think people just gave up in the evening. As others have said-bring ponchos and have fun!!

I went for 3 weeks in June in 2011 (practically the whole month) and it was pretty much dry the whole entire time just the occasional downpour for an hour or so in the afternoon.

Dont worry the rain is usually a welcome break from the heat and humidity. i hate uk rain but love florida rain its usually a short torrential down pour then lovely sun again .
I dont bother with a poncho i feel like im wearing a bin liner in the oven in it , i just get wet , duck indoors for s bite to eat then dry off again quickly

The only time i find the rain can spoil the fun is when there is a storm and they have to clear the water parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter