Can anyone help me speculate?

keltiesmom

Mouseketeer
we will be heading to the land at the end of September. I know this is the "off season" or "shoulder season" and to expect some ride closures. What I don't know if if there is a pattern to what/when rides are closed for refurb. We will be there after haunted mansion gets its NBC overlay, if they still do it this year. I expect that anything that is down now, or earlier this year, shouldn't be down baring any major problems. Can anyone give me any insight as what to expect?

I may be wrong, but the refurb calendar should be available on the disneyland website through that time period. That being said, this spring there has been a ton of refurb going on so that everything is perfect and running smoothly for the big 60th celebrations beginning may 22, so there may not be much of anything on refurb in sept.

Most of the refurbs listed are done by the anniversary, only 2 go past that into sept/oct. It's pretty early I think to expect those to be the only closures. I do however hold the same thoughts as you that hopefully they will have most things running due to the celebrations.

I would suggest checking both the refurb scheduled and the crowd calandar on touring.com. It will give you a great idea of what to expect

I don't think there is a trend as far as specific rides to be down. I would however expect one large ride to be down, and two smaller attractions. People always talk about how in off season there are lots of refurbs, but we have gone mid to late September twice now and have never felt like much was missing, or that we were disappointed. I think in 2012 indiana jones was down, as was minnies house and casey jr. When we went in 2013 it was big thunder (which was down the whole year) the pirate ship and the carousel. Sometimes the smaller refurbs are only for a few days, so if you are there for a week then you might be able to hit up the ride at least one of your days.

I don't think there is a trend as far as specific rides to be down. I would however expect one large ride to be down, and two smaller attractions. People always talk about how in off season there are lots of refurbs, but we have gone mid to late September twice now and have never felt like much was missing, or that we were disappointed. I think in 2012 indiana jones was down, as was minnies house and casey jr. When we went in 2013 it was big thunder (which was down the whole year) the pirate ship and the carousel. Sometimes the smaller refurbs are only for a few days, so if you are there for a week then you might be able to hit up the ride at least one of your days.
. When we went in 2013 it was February and we had quite a few closures. BTMRR of course, tea cups, splash and GRR the pirate ship and I feel like there were more but maybe not. It wasn't that bad but I am hoping the mountains and screemin are all open. Our kids weren't big enough for them last time anyways but will be this time. Fingers crossed it will be things we don't care about like the tiki room and Tom sawyer island. ;)

I think once we get past May the refurbs, for the most part, will be done for the year. You will have a few closures due to the Holiday overlays later in the year but those tend to be short in duration.

With a lot of refurbs being done prior to the 60th I doubt much would be down for refurb during that time except for Luigi's Flying Tires which I believe is closed until December.

We went in September last year, our first day in the park was the opening day of Haunted Mansion with its Halloween overlay on. There actually were very few closures when we were there. Nemo's submarine voyage was down. Indi was down one day. The Riverboat was down. But really apart from that we were so happy with the availability of the rides/attractions whilst we were there. We spent 10 days there so we just made sure we co-ordinated our days to cover closures like Indi. Hopefully you will get the same experience :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter