Can anyone get through to Disney?

Just got off the phone with Reservations. They were able to apply free dining to my existing package at Wilderness Lodge. We are there for 12 nights over Thanksgiving. Saves us $1300!:cool1:

Several attempts with one 20 min wait then I got disconnected. Finally my last attempt was successful after a 40 min wait. No free dining but managed a room only discount. Didn't amount to much but will cover a couple of our dinner reservations.

Several attempts with one 20 min wait then I got disconnected. Finally my last attempt was successful after a 40 min wait. No free dining but managed a room only discount. Didn't amount to much but will cover a couple of our dinner reservations.

Why didn't you get free dining?!?!?

Luckily I couldn't sleep last night, yep sort of like tonight, and saw that the rates went into effect. I called exactly at 7 AM and got right through. By the time I finished at 7:10 the CM told me there were already 390 people on hold. LOL I don't think he wanted to get off the phone with me because he knew what he was in for. I tried later to call back to make sure they noted on my reservation for Christmas that I absolutely need a fridge for my meds and got the all circuits were busy message. I decided to wait until today to call back and let the phones die down. Apparently their phone lines crashed at one point as did their online booking. I know about the online booking because I was going to make another reservation for a couple of days in November. I see online the resort I wanted is still available so I will call at exactly 7:00 AM this morning and see if I can book it.

My mother was on the phone at 8:02 pm and called me at 10pm to tell me she had just got off the phone with them. When there is an offer like this is it normally this busy?

Yes I have seen it get busy before. This is the first time I have seen stuff crash on them because of it.

Anyone know what the "blackout" dates are for the room discount?

Historically Thanksgiving week has been a blackout time but I did not see anything that stated that in what I read about the discount. I believe also Pop Warner week also is a blackout time too but again I didn't read that in what I saw.

Historically Thanksgiving week has been a blackout time but I did not see anything that stated that in what I read about the discount. I believe also Pop Warner week also is a blackout time too but again I didn't read that in what I saw.

Pop Warner week is available for the room discount. I book that week last night with the 30% room discount at the Wilderness Lodge. Our arrival date is 12-7. The Disney website shows the following for the room discount dates:

Save up to 30% on stays at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights:

September 29 through November 9, 2013—book by September 15, 2013
November 10 through November 22, 2013* and November 30 through December 23, 2013—book by November 3, 2013

* In addition to the dates above, this offer is also valid for stays November 23 to
November 25, 2013 at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.​

I spent 8 hrs on and off yesterday and finally got the free dinning!!!!I moved my dates to the week before xmas and saved a ton on airfare too!Just praying it will be an ok time to take my DD out of school for a week!When I look at my resort reservation online it doesn't say anywhere free dinning?Anyone else have this happen!Oh and it took me 4 hrs to make dinning reservations However I got most of what we wanted!Good luck everyone!

I couldn't get through yesterday, so I'm trying today. I've been on hold for 24 minutes.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My travel agent who is also my aunt is currently on hold again today too. Yesterday when my fiancé called he was told that we could get the 30% off room discount for The dates that we are going to be there. But the cast member told my fiancé that our travel agent had to call back in order for him to actually apply the discount to our reservation. So, my aunt, our travel agent, called back last night and was on the phone-on hold off and on for over four hours. Last night a different cast member told her that we were not eligible for the 30% off discount because it was During blackout dates. We are due to check in on 12/8. It is our honeymoon trip. I really do not want to change my honeymoon dates. My aunt is back on hold again Right now. Hopefully this class member will say that the 30% off discount does apply to our dates! I know it is during Pop Warner week but The announcement did say that it was good November 30 through December 22 And it looks like others have been able to get the discount during that time. as well. I'm So confused! And I'm really hoping that I don't have to change any of my plans

Yes I have seen it get busy before. This is the first time I have seen stuff crash on them because of it.

Me too.....while I've seen the phone lines very busy the morning of a promo release, I have never seen 3-4 hour waits with system crashes. There must have been a lot more people waiting for these promos than in the past.....some of these wait times are unbelievable, along with so many people getting disconnected and having to call back only to wait some more :(.

I couldn't get through yesterday, so I'm trying today. I've been on hold for 24 minutes.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Good luck today :wizard:.

My travel agent who is also my aunt is currently on hold again today too. Yesterday when my fiancé called he was told that we could get the 30% off room discount for The dates that we are going to be there. But the cast member told my fiancé that our travel agent had to call back in order for him to actually apply the discount to our reservation. So, my aunt, our travel agent, called back last night and was on the phone-on hold off and on for over four hours. Last night a different cast member told her that we were not eligible for the 30% off discount because it was During blackout dates. We are due to check in on 12/8. It is our honeymoon trip. I really do not want to change my honeymoon dates. My aunt is back on hold again Right now. Hopefully this class member will say that the 30% off discount does apply to our dates! I know it is during Pop Warner week but The announcement did say that it was good November 30 through December 22 And it looks like others have been able to get the discount during that time. as well. I'm So confused! And I'm really hoping that I don't have to change any of my plans ��

Good luck to your TA today :). Your dates are covered under the promo, so the CM that said you aren't eligible was mistaken (unless he/she was trying to say that your resort wasn't available with the discount). Unfortunately, when you use a TA, the TA has to call and check availability/have a discount applied since he/she technically "owns" your reservation. I hope your aunt doesn't have to wait too long to talk to someone and is able to get the discount for you :wizard:.

I tried on and off all day yesterday and kept getting either a busy signal or "all circuits are busy". Just tried again and got the same thing. I will keep trying and hopefully get through. I am just wanting the room discount, not free dining (it's not offered the week we are going). Good luck to all of us still trying!

wow I just wanted to make a final payment and give some address info I made a mistake on for my stepsons reservation and I spent 69 miniutes on hold before getting an agent, all done and paid for on his end now just have to wait till next week to pay my own off at least by then the phone lines should be free and clear! Will be booking a bounceback offer for sure this trip, then wont have to worry about having the phone glued to my ear if free dining comes out again for 2014 which Im pretty sure it will!:goodvibes

I tried on and off all day yesterday and kept getting either a busy signal or "all circuits are busy". Just tried again and got the same thing. I will keep trying and hopefully get through. I am just wanting the room discount, not free dining (it's not offered the week we are going). Good luck to all of us still trying!

Good luck. I hope you get through soon and are able to get the discount :wizard:.

4 hours on hold last night and 3 hours on hold so far today. This is unreal!

These hold times are unbelievable :sad2:. There have always been long hold times when discounts have been released, but never this bad. Good luck today.....sending some pixie dust your way that you get through and are able to get the discount you want pixiedust:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter