• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone ease my mind?

Cindie-rella

...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.
Well, once again I am confused about something. We're leaving in 17 days April 24th thru May 4th. I was in a discussion with my cousin last night about how nice the weather is this time of year in Florida and how the crowds should be moderate as ususal for this time of year but maybe a bit busier due to the Celebration starting. All things I learned here on the DIS. Well, he told me the weather is usually very hot high 80's to mid 90's and crowds are very high this time of year anymore. He goes in mid July and said it is about the same in mid July as it will be the last week of April/ beginning of May. He also stated it will probably rain every day at least once. I thought it was a low rainfall average in April.
Was I totally wrong in thinking that crowds will be way less than in mid July or are they about the same? And as far as heat, I thought it was quite a bit cooler in late April early May than in mid summer !!!!
I don't know if he is confused or what because he has been to wdw 15 times and I figure he should know.
Anyone else know if this is true or is he confused as I hope he is :sad2:
Thanks! :flower:

I can't imagine it will be as hot in late April as it will be in July. We've been twice in the summer and loved the temperatures during our late March trip. Actually, it may be in the 80s, but the humidity won't be as unbearable.

You will have some crowds toward the end of your trip. I would make sure you get some time in at MK during the early part of your trip, especially in the evening. Also take advantage of the morning EMH if you want to avoid crowds.

Well, this will be our 3rd trip down in April and we have had nothing but BEAUTIFUL weather! Not hot and humid and not rainy. We are in MA and our srping break is from 4/18 - 4/22 this year.

Crowds can be another story. We have gone down in May and it was a bit crowded but also manageable. Hard to say what the 50th celebration will do for the crowds. We have always found that once you are out of the Magic Kingdom the crowds are not nearly as bad in other parks.

Have fun!! :)

Jill

the only problem this year is northeast schools have off the last week of april. and of course the celebration starting on the 5th.. i think crowds will definatly be higher this year at that time but i dont think it will be as bad as the summer by any means :wave:

My experience with weather in Florida is that is usually does rain every afternoon. But it usually is a brief shower lasting a short time. It has never detered us.

I usually bring a Mickey poncho if a small bag for any sudden showers. Or you can just wait under cover for few minutes.

Crowds are heavier than the slow season, and I too am concerned with the Celebration start up. But since you are staying a good length of time, you'll have the opportunity to visit the parks more than once.

I cannot wait to explore the Flower and Garden at Epcot.

We went late April early May in 2002. It was 95 every day! We got some bad sunburn mostly because our Michigan skin was still winterized. Although it was hotter than we expected, this was our first non-summer trip to WDW so we knew what to do to keep cooler. The drive back home was a shocker as it got colder by the hour driving north. At home everyone was still wearing pants and light jackets.

We have been in May, and although warm, not never as hot, and humid as July. BTW- Our last May trip, only 1 rain shower, and it was at 11 pm

We are going the same week as you, also for our anniversery. I think it will be more crowded than what we are used to, since we usually go in May, and October. Disney added extra hours to the schedule for the las week, so that could be a bad sign.

I had read on another post that the resorts were all sold out for that week, which is totally false. I booked my mother's room the other day, and had my choice of moderates, or values. None of them were sold out.

We're hoping for the best!!

Our last trip was the first week of May 2003. It was in the 90's everyday but we didn't have any rain. The crowds were a bit of a shock. I also thought they wouldn't be too bad given the time of year. They were the worst we've ever experienced (we usually go in Sept. or Oct.) but not so bad that I would never visit that time of year again.

I just finished checking the weather forcast for this weekend as WE are going to Epcot and MK. High is 79/Low 62. Percipitation 0% !

I have lived here all my life and once April hits, the temp climbs up! 80 and even 90 is not abnormal. It's Florida! We hit 105 in the summer frequently.

We do have showers that pop up and leave as quick as they pop up!
Don't let a little rain run you off. It'll be gone in a matter of minutes!

Wear lots of sunscreen and a smile! Have fun!

I am going the last week of April myself. I checked with www.weather.com before booking the trip. The averages are mid to high 80's. The rain fall is less than most months. The averages for rainfall are higher in the summer months. Of course these are averages could be lower or higher.

Where did your cousin get his information? Go to the weather website I posted above and get the information for yourself instead of listening to others.

I wouldn't be too worried. Our school vacation in NH has always been the last week of April and we have gone to WDW several years during this time. Weather has always been beautiful. I do agree that it is possible for it to rain every day but from my experience it is usually a brief morning shower clearing to beautiful skies and warm 80 degree temps. :sunny: Last year nights were even a bit chilly (and I'm from New England!) Crowds were moderate and managable. Downright s-l-o-w in the mornings...So enjoy and have fun! See you there! :wizard:

Thanks everone for your replies.! You have eased my mind. Not that I'm not looking forward to a little heat and sunshine, its just that my DH really does not like high heat and humidity or really crowded situations, which is why I chose to plan our celebration at this time. I just got nervous when my cousin told me the spring is much like the summer. He tells me crowds are basically just medium in mid july and they could walk on alot of attractions and not too long of a wait if there is one, but the spring has been getting more and more busier each year. I'll enjoy our trip no matter what. We have 11 days so there'll be no rush to have to squeeze everything in at once. Thanks again ! :sunny: :wave2:

I was there from April 21-29 last year and it was in the upper 80s the whole time. There was only one day with any percipitation. It probably broke 90 on the 22nd, though. As for humidity, to me it was humid, but I'm from CA and when it's that hot, anything above 40% relative humidity to me is humid. Crowds weren't too bad, esp the second half of my trip and most waits weren't more than 20 minutes and if they were longer I used FP or, if available, single rider lines.

nygrl said:
the only problem this year is northeast schools have off the last week of april. and of course the celebration starting on the 5th.. i think crowds will definatly be higher this year at that time but i dont think it will be as bad as the summer by any means :wave:

Yep..between family and friends, I think I've heard at least a dozen people say they're heading to WDW the last week in April. It's Spring Break for the NY schools. That on top of the celebration will make for bigger crowds. I doubt it will be as hot as July though....I've been there in July, it was HORRIBLY hot!! I've been there in May (post cruise one day) and it wasn't has hot and humid as July.

We have gone the last week of April every year since 1996, and the reason we choose this time is that the weather is absolutely terrific!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter