Can anyone confirm Turbo is playing on the Fantasy?

Thank you!

Is Turbo a Disney film, or distributed by Disney? If not, then it would not be playing.

Edited to add: I just checked IMDB and it is produced by DreamWorks which is affiliated with Disney now...so...maybe!

MJ

From Wikipedia,

On February 9, 2009, DreamWorks entered into a long-term, 30-picture distribution deal with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures by which the films will be released through the Touchstone Pictures banner.[3] The deal also includes co-funding via a loan by Disney to DreamWorks for production.[3] Originally, the deal included access to slots in Disney's pay television agreement with Starz, but went to Showtime instead.[25] This agreement is reported to have come after negotiations broke off with Universal Pictures just days earlier.[22] However, this deal does not include Indian distribution rights, which will be handled by Reliance.[3] Also not included are sequels to live-action films released before the Paramount merger, or those released by Paramount themselves – Paramount retains the rights to these franchises, and two such sequels, Little Fockers, was released by Paramount internationally in December 2010 (Universal owns domestic rights) and Anchorman: The Legend Continues.

So only some DreamWorks films are released through Disney???? Very confused???

MJ

From Wikipedia,

On February 9, 2009, DreamWorks entered into a long-term, 30-picture distribution deal with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures by which the films will be released through the Touchstone Pictures banner.[3] The deal also includes co-funding via a loan by Disney to DreamWorks for production.[3] Originally, the deal included access to slots in Disney's pay television agreement with Starz, but went to Showtime instead.[25] This agreement is reported to have come after negotiations broke off with Universal Pictures just days earlier.[22] However, this deal does not include Indian distribution rights, which will be handled by Reliance.[3] Also not included are sequels to live-action films released before the Paramount merger, or those released by Paramount themselves – Paramount retains the rights to these franchises, and two such sequels, Little Fockers, was released by Paramount internationally in December 2010 (Universal owns domestic rights) and Anchorman: The Legend Continues.

MJ

Well, IMDb says that the US distribution is being handled by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, so probably not a Disney property. I would think if Disney was handing the distribution for this film, it would indicate that distribution was being handled through Touchstone.

At least that's how my little brain interprets the information :laughing:

First run movies shown onboard are those that are produced by Disney(or subsidiaries) or distributed by Disney(or subsidiaries) these include, Walt Disney Animation, Walt Disney Pictures, Disney-Pixar, Buena Vista Distribution, Touchstone Pictures, Marvel, Lukas Film, and others...

No snails at Disney!!! No minions or Smurfs or Shrek or Batman either. :)

Yes, although it is Disney but not Pixar.

Well, it's a spin off of a Pixar film [Cars] and the short film it is based on was by Pixar. Also, John Lasseter of Pixar talked about it at the CC gold/platinum event on the Fantasy's MV. Somehow Pixar is involved. ;)

Yes, Planes in Disney. We have been told it will play on the Fantasy when it is released on 8/9. We are on the ship that week and will get to see it!

hmmm.... I called for the movies on the Alaska 8/26 a WHILE ago and Planes was not mentioned. I am going to call and ask again for Planes. My kids would love it.

From Wikipedia,

MJ

Pretty much the rule of thumb, as I understand their confusing deal, is if it's an animation film, Disney is not involved. Animation films are distributed under the DreamWorks Banner. Disney will only play in "live action" films from DreamWorks. Confusing absolutely :confused3

Well, it's a spin off of a Pixar film [Cars] and the short film it is based on was by Pixar. Also, John Lasseter of Pixar talked about it at the CC gold/platinum event on the Fantasy's MV. Somehow Pixar is involved. ;)

Actually, currently John Lasseter is the "Principal Creative Advisor" for Walt Disney Imagineering.

hmmm.... I called for the movies on the Alaska 8/26 a WHILE ago and Planes was not mentioned. I am going to call and ask again for Planes. My kids would love it.

It's too early to call about your 8/26 cruise. You need to wait until you are two weeks out or less before they will have the up to date list of movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter