Can anyone confirm? The yeti is working again?

If you haven't read this entire thread or threads like it, I think you are going to have to define "working".

Some people post that its working but they don't realize that what people are talking about is a 20 foot tall animatronic Yeti that used to swoop down at you. Not the projection on the wall showing the Yeti tearing up the track. Also some claim the animatronic moves because Disney has done an OK job with fans and strobe lights to make it appear to move a little, but people who have seen it in full A mode know that when it moved it really moved.

I'm not sure why but the firsr couple lines cracks me up

If you ride Expedition Everest and you see the Yeti moving, then it must mean one of these people is on your train.

6a00d83455629c69e2014e870130eb970d-250wi

Robert-Iger-Adventurers-Clu.jpg

wd.gif
:rotfl2:

There are a few other reasons why yeti would move. Very few legal.
I don't have anything to add just that this is my favorite thread to read. It has the best quality comical replies than any other thread on dis.

Everyone keep up the good work! :)

Also the yeti is female? Just kidding figured I would stir up the pot a bit so I have some reading material later today!

Thanks!
Jimi
I saw on Tmz where the yeti was confused and wishes to not speak on the topic. It wasn't really Betty yeti just a shadowed inside source- you could totally tell it was Harold from the Matterhorn though. He said chick...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I rode it on July 22nd. It sure appeared to be working. It was certainly more than I've seen previous times. It must've been the lights. :scratchin

*No, I didn't read the entire thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ problem solved

And posts like these are why I doubt she will get fixed. Why bother when if say most don't know the difference.

Could we pay a large hairy person to ride bettys back and swipe down with their own arm? I think it would be just as convincing based on those fooled but fans and disco lights.

Also on Halloween Betty should get to wear a big travolta sequence gold necklace as a shout out to all the disco.

Do you notice that on that web site there's not a single link to a place where Joe Rohde refers to it as a "her"?

Unlike here:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...especific/eng/nontheme/passholder/MMFeb06.pdf

Or here:
http://www.keystothemagic.com/DisneyDesigns/Everest.php

That kind of disproves that Joe "habitually refers" to the yeti as a her. I can also provide several links to interviews with other Imagineers, as well as official Disney documentation, that specifies the yeti as a male. If anybody can do the same where the yeti is specified as a female, I will gladly concede the point.

In the meantime, I am through debating the issue. But I will continue to point out that the yeti is a male whenever it's on topic to the conversation. :)

So everyone calls a truce and we rename Betty Pat. Agreed?

Guys - I'm pretty sure this poster is the yeti. Seems awful sensitive on the subject.

Until someone posts a photo of the Yeti's hair pulled away from it's, errrr, ahmmm, private area, we won't REALLY know if the Yeti is a Betty or a Bobby. Course if we just call the Yetti, Bobby, then we don't need the photographic proof of Bobby's gender. :rotfl2:

*** I *** for one, will NOT be pulling back Bobby's strategically placed hair to discover the truth! :rotfl:

Volunteers?

Later,
Dan

Are you saying we should hire an aesthetician to wax the yeti? Not sure but PETA may get involved.

I think we should ask Betty what she wears under her skirt or sundress! ;)

Well if she's read the dis the last three days I'd say wicking shorts, spanx or commando but she makes sure her bits don't touch anything so it's sanitary and she's only flashed the guy behind her on space mountain - twice

I was at DAK in July 2012 and July 2013. I went with the same friend both times. When we went on EE in July 2013 we thought something looked different with the yeti. In 2012 my friend and I could swear that the yeti was standing to the right and had the disco lights on it. This year when we went the yeti was up above us and had the fans and lighter lighting but you could see it very well.

Above you meaning seemed to lean more down toward you as opposed to back and to the right or above like farther away.

And this is the point where Betty the gender bending yeti thread turned into the Warren commission folks.

Here's why I think it's a fixable fault... they just don't want to spend the down time to fix it right now.

The structural engineer who designed the load bearing structures and signed off on the supposed "cracked" foundation of the yeti would have his/her pants sued off by Disney if it failed like it supposedly has.

They can fix it, they just can't afford to have it shut down for the amount of time it would take.

Here's why I think it's a fixable fault...

1- they just don't want to spend the down time to fix it right now.

2- The structural engineer who designed the load bearing structures and signed off on the supposed "cracked" foundation of the yeti would have his/her pants sued off by Disney if it failed like it supposedly has.

3- They can fix it, they just can't afford to have it shut down for the amount of time it would take.

1- I agree.

2- However, the company that did the work has supposedly gone bankrupt,
so "no dough to go." ;)

3- I agree.

However, the company that did the work has supposedly gone bankrupt,
so "no dough to go." ;)

The company who made the animatronic is supposedly gone bankrupt, they didn't necessarily engineer the structural foundations.

They can fix it, they just can't afford to have it shut down for the amount of time it would take.

And why is that? Are you saying AK lacks significant entertainment value? ;)

Maybe they can fix it when "Avatarland" is opened. That will distract us...right?

Do you notice that on that web site there's not a single link to a place where Joe Rohde refers to it as a "her"?

Unlike here:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...especific/eng/nontheme/passholder/MMFeb06.pdf

Or here:
http://www.keystothemagic.com/DisneyDesigns/Everest.php

That kind of disproves that Joe "habitually refers" to the yeti as a her. I can also provide several links to interviews with other Imagineers, as well as official Disney documentation, that specifies the yeti as a male. If anybody can do the same where the yeti is specified as a female, I will gladly concede the point.

In the meantime, I am through debating the issue. But I will continue to point out that the yeti is a male whenever it's on topic to the conversation. :)

Betty can be a boys name. ::yes::

Also the yeti is female?

So here's the true story on the Yeti's anatomy.

In the beginning HE was male. And when HE moved his arm wasn't the only thing swinging out at the train passengers, if you know what I mean. There were many complaints from parents of young children who began to ask questions about this mysterious "third leg" the Yeti had.

This was about the same time that parents complained about the bloody elephant carcass at the end of the Safari ride.

Disney realized that murdered elephants and anatomically correct Yeti's were not creating a "family" atmosphere. So they removed Big Red from the Safari. For EE they had a ninja sneak up on the Yeti late one night while he was sleeping. The ninja pulled out a samari sword and....

Well, let's just say that from that point forward the Yeti can no longer be considered "male".

In the beginning HE was male. And when HE moved his arm wasn't the only thing swinging out at the train passengers, if you know what I mean. There were many complaints from parents of young children who began to ask questions about this mysterious "third leg" the Yeti had.

This was about the same time that parents complained about the bloody elephant carcass at the end of the Safari ride.

Disney realized that murdered elephants and anatomically correct Yeti's were not creating a "family" atmosphere. So they removed Big Red from the Safari. For EE they had a ninja sneak up on the Yeti late one night while he was sleeping. The ninja pulled out a samari sword and....

Well, let's just say that from that point forward the Yeti can no longer be considered "male".

I call bull. :)

And I can state with 100% certainty that she is still in disco mode.

:lmao:

Good one.

Lololol!! Awesome. And that someone thought you were serious enough to call you out on it makes it even better, lol.

Shh... I knew the ninja who did this. He's my uncle Scar.

Katie

If it were working, it would have been on multiple posts across this forum.

Too much to hope for, I'm afraid.

I'll only believe the Yeti is fixed when I see the article from my favorite Orlando journalist, April de Uno.

I'll only believe the Yeti is fixed when I see the article from my favorite Orlando journalist, April de Uno.

¡Humo santo! Tiene una memoria buena. ¡Esto es una referencia obscura!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter