• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can anyone compare NCL Breakaway to DCL?

Isn't that the same as DCL, though? The free soda is only from the fountain? I've also heard people complaining about the taste of the fountain drinks lately. (Don't drink soda, wouldn't know.)

No, on DCL soda is free from the fountain & at dinner. You would only pay for a soda from the bar or room service on DCL. DCL's fountain machines are great & I've never had an issues with their soda's taste. It's when the soda comes from the bars that it can taste off & that's where most of the soda on NCL comes from.

Never been on NCL, but would suggest you go read on some of the NCL boards, there has been many cut backs and increase in charges, some not starting until Jan 2016. Many fans are not happy.

AKK

Mild devil's advocacy, but weren't there several other production and entertainment shows that were free of charge such as Rock of Ages?

I've spent a lot of time defending NCL today, but my idea of nickel and dime is when they take away something free and charge for it without providing other options. There was more free entertainment on the GA than I could have ever made time for ... And one (1) upcharge show option. And I feel like NCL's multitude of free dining options and particularly their 24 hour availability (no forcing you into the MDR on the first and last nights) mean that I am pretty much neutral about the fact that they also have way more specialty venues than DCL.

I am a big fan of NCL & have been on just as many NCL cruises as DCL. If you compare classic NCL ships to the newer class (Breakaway, Getaway, etc) there's no denying that there are many more places that you have to pay extra for. Like I said, I like NCL & I also take advantage of most of the specialty restaurants when I'm aboard an NCL ship, but you can't defend how much ISN'T included on the Breakaway vs most of the other NCL ships...and I'm not just talking about the specialty restaurants. To charge for any show is ridiculous. We are big cirque fans, we don't care for '80s music at all & have you been to the main shows?? They're terrible. Everyone has a different opinion & that's fine. For me the Breakaway nickel & dimes you big time. Walk the Waterfront...nearly everything on it you have to pay extra for. The Breakaway is far from the all-inclusive feel that the classic ships have & we don't care for it.

I saw that certain dessert stands and gelato are also a thing you pay for. Is the cirque type show the only one they charge for.it will take a lot of reading to know what is not included ahead of time so I don't spend too much. I am a huge DCL fan so the whole thing will be a big change. We will miss the movies and the disney movies in the room too.
Is there anywhere I can view the extended room service menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter