• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can Anyone Answer this Question

stillh2o

Looking for my Zen
One if are last trips to FW we had so nice people in the site next to us they tried to extend just one more night FW told them that they where booked full and they could not extend. That site and others site in are loop stay empty for the 3 nights we stay after they left. We do know why WDW tell people they are booked when they are not. :confused3

stillh2o said:
One if are last trips to FW we had so nice people in the site next to us they tried to extend just one more night FW told them that they where booked full and they could not extend. That site and others site in are loop stay empty for the 3 nights we stay after they left. We do know why WDW tell people they are booked when they are not. :confused3

Maybe (?) there was a last minute cancellation? A stretch, I am sure, but I guess its possible. I would think they would want the $. Were the other sites the same type?

I have seen that happen too. Someone posted the other day that off site people book a campsite just to get resort privileges. I have been told many times the campground was sold out and there are empty sites everywhere. But I would bet dollars to donuts that if Disney could sell the site and make more money they would.

I have also seen this with cart rentals we tried to rent a cart for two days they told me they were all rented. We walked to about 5pm there were 8-10 carts infront of the bike barn and aout 100 in back behind the fence behind the bike barn. :confused3

I thought about a site for privileges but this was a Preferred site at 90 something a night and if i was going to get a site for privileges it would be a tent site for less.

stillh2o said:
I thought about a site for privileges but this was a Preferred site at 90 something a night and if i was going to get a site for privileges it would be a tent site for less.

Unless of course those were already sold out too....

Maybe they are reserved, but the people reserving them had a change of schedule?

We haven't been camping at Fort Wilderness yet, but we do go camping at the lake quite a bit. Often my husband's work schedule will change at the last minute, and we miss a night or two of camping. And since we had to pay it in advance and there's no refund, we don't bother to call the campgrounds.

Another wrench in the works could be vehicle problems. Maybe the people who had the sites reserved had road trouble on the trip down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter