Can any "Space Coast" locals help me?

seafarer71

Earning My Ears
I need a place to stay the night before our April cruise from Port Canavral. I can't seem to make up my mind about where to stay and need help. It seems the longer I wait, the higher rates are getting.

I don't care if it is near the beach, or if it has a pool, or if it has free parking/shuttle.

I would like it to be within a 30-40 minute drive of the port, but it does not have to be in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

My biggest criteria are: inexpensive (under $100), safe area, clean, family friendly, and no outside room entrances is possible.

Can anyone give me any suggestions of places to try?

Check out Shirley's thread located under the DIS DCL FAQ thread. She lives in Port Canaveral and has offered lots of great information about the area there. :)

Without looking anything up for you right now, I would assume that the prices at the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa may be less expensive than a place beachside and it's only about a 15-20 minute drive to thr Port. It's on the corner of SR 520 and I-95. The rooms are inside and it's a very nice place...only a few years old.

you state a time limit of 40 minutes.....well the airport is only 45 minutes from the port so just about anyplace 'tween there and the port is gonna be in your range. And to the south you could go all the way to Melbourne.....

I don't live near there, but my DW and I went on the 1/17 7-day cruise, and stayed at La Quinta in Cocoa Beach the night before. Older hotel, but refurbished, clean and spacious, continental breakfast included, queen sized bed, and a microwave and small fridge. With AAA discount, it cost us $62.50. We also bought cold cuts at a nearby Publix supermarket, plus a nice bottle of wine, and had supper for less than $30. It's about a 20 minute drive at most, and probably less than that.

Hope this help! Good luck.

Richard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter