Can any PhotoPass experts help me out? (Preordering Question)

TheLadyTremain

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in a few weeks for our WDW trip. We are going on a multi-family vacation. I imagine our three families will be together about 75% of the time. I had planned on pre-ordering the photo pass cd. I assume that each family can get their own photopass card to use through the parks.

So, if I pre-order the CD at $99, can I buy additional copies of the CD for the other group members? Also, how many photopass cards can be applied to one CD account?

Thanks!

From what I have gathered you can just copy it at home on your computer. I have no experience with this, just studying the Disboards. Also, there doesnt seem to be a limit on the number of cards.

Make sure your family takes a pic of the back of each card or writes down the number, that way if you lose the card you'll be covered.

There is no limit (that I know of) to the number of photopass cards you can enter on your photopass account. I have over 20 easily in my account right now. Use as many cards as you and your family need.

As far as duplicate photoCDs, I don't know the price for that from Disney but you could easily have duplicates made at a local Walmart. The photo release is included on the CD so there is no problem with making copies. You could do that on your own computer at home as well. I've done it both ways.

There's a lot of information here. http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

There is no limit (that I know of) to the number of photopass cards you can enter on your photopass account. I have over 20 easily in my account right now.

As far as duplicate photoCDs, I don't know the price for that from Disney but you could easily have duplicates made at a local Walmart. The photo release is included on the CD so there is no problem with making copies.

Thanks for this info. That is great news about being able to copy them on your own. What a savings!!!

There is no limit to the number of cards you can link to a single photo CD, and I don't think that you can buy extra CD's. However they are just standard data CDs that you can copy on almost any computer these days - and Disney gives you the right to do so (as long as you don't sell them).

We went a few years ago with 2 other families and each family had a card (or 2 or 3!) I set up the account, pre-ordered and gave the login information to each family. After our trip we independently entered our own cards & edited our own pictures- even group shots got different treatments from each family. Each family let me know when they were finished and I placed the order. When the CD arrived I made copies for each family with no problem. Sharing is the way to go!

Just make sure you do the pre-order before anyone in your party arrives. Last year we decided to split the cost of the pre-ordered cd with some friends of ours who arrived after we did. We put all our photopass cards on their account. Since they arrived after us and they did not pre order until after our vacation had already started, the cd did not include the pictures of ours that were taken before they pre-ordered, even though when we uploaded those photos to their account, they showed on their account. Our only option at that point was to buy some of the pictures from that part of our vacation. We wound up spending way more than the full price cd would have cost us.:sad2:

You can order extra copies, I think they were about $12 but I just usually download the pictures off the CD and pass to the next person. Someone keeps the original just in case.

I easily had 20 codes on mine last time. I usually do one card a day just in case anything happens. But then you have the codes for the ride photos, meal photos and special things like MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter