Can any Orlando local resident answer this weather-related question?

JackTwo

Mouseketeer
The forecast indicates alot of rainy days next week (of course, the same week we will be at WDW). I haven't been to WDW in almost 25 years. Fortunately, last time we went we had good weather.

This time, we may not be so lucky. Was just wondering though, on days when it does rain in Orlando, does it typically rain all day...or is it just a short shower that clears up for the afternoon?

I don't live in Orlando, but all the time we have been there in Dec, if it rained it never lasted long. More like a 20 to 30 min thing. Good luck. We went in Sept. this year and there were chances of Thunder storm everyday, and it never did rain.

It depends on what is causing the rain. If it is a front moving through it could be an all day rain. If it is scattered showers it may rain for awhile and then the sun comes out.

www.wftv.com is a great local weather station.

I'm concerned because we leave Wednesday and Accuweather and Weather.com is showing completely different forecasts for next week. Some days show highs in the 60s with no rain and another forecast shows 70s with rain or scattered storms. I need to pack and don't want to over pack with too many clothes. I know the forecasts will change before I leave but darn it, I want to pack.

I had pre-packed this week with SHORTS.
Now, it all comes out and I need to pack for colder weather.
LAST yr at Xmas, it was low 80's, all SUN.
:eek:

It depends on what is causing the rain. If it is a front moving through it could be an all day rain. If it is scattered showers it may rain for awhile and then the sun comes out.

That fairly well hits it on the head.

Florida is unique in that fronts that affect the rest of the US generally do not make it that far south. But, in this case, judging by the forecast temps for the middle of next week, it looks like a fairly potent cold from will move through. The accuweather forecast shows the temps dropping 15 degrees or so after the front moves through.

This should be off and on rain and steady winds for a day or two.

The difference in the Accuweather and TWC forecast is that Accuweather apparently believes the cold front will be stronger.

If it were a coastal or gulf low, the rain would be more substantial, and the temps would not vary this much.

Quote from weather.com:

Showers move into areas west of the Mississippi Sunday as a cold front dips into the southern Plains.

Next week, the South may have a period of unsettled weather with plenty of clouds and some rain.

Yesterday (Wednesday) it rained all day pretty much non-stop.The day before it rained for about an hour or so, then was great the rest of the day. So yep, definitely the best advice is to keep an eye on the weather stations and see what "type" of rain it is :thumbsup2 .

And understand that beyond one day out, they really don't know what the weather will be like.

i am leaving soon, and am packing 2 pr jeans, and some shorts.
I have decided I dont care about the weather one bit.
I am going to Disney World. :cool1:

This from me, a severe type A.

i am leaving soon, and am packing 2 pr jeans, and some shorts.
I have decided I dont care about the weather one bit.
I am going to Disney World. :cool1:

This from me, a severe type A.

That's where I'm at too!! I could almost care less if it rains every day... Went to Wal-Mart and picked up a bunch of those $.88 ponchos (one per person per day,) so if it does rain, at least the crowds will be thinner!

You just really need to pack for all kinds of temps and weather this time of year. Bring quarters and laundry detergent if you need to. And every night you should listen to a local news report so you'll know how to dress comfortably the next day.

:)

Pack a little bit for anything. We went last December. I checked the weather forecast at 5 sources the day before we left (accuweather, weather.com and the local abc, cbs and nbc stations). They were all close to each other. They were right for the day we arrived. After that the temperatures were 10 degrees hotter than any of them forecasted. We left our shorts at home- big mistake! I've heard it can go the other way too.

we leave tomorrow.....I always check weatherchannel.com they have been quite accurate for our last 13 trips down and they say it is going to be quite decent all next week!!:woohoo:

I have learned that Florida weather is very crazy and can be unpredicatable. During our last trip in May, there was a tropical storm that no one really knew about until that week. It rained EVERYDAY and ALL DAY for a few days. It was terrible...you will not have that much rain though so be thankful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter