Can and do people visit with characters when there are no children in their party?

Just popping in to say that I plan on getting pics with all my favorite characters!! And I will search all over for Sully and Mike because they are my FAVORITES :lovestruc

In '06 I asked a cm if I would fit on Goofy's Barnstormer. I'm 6'2 and 275. He said I was the ideal size. I've ridden it every trip since. And if I see Donald or Daisy, I'm getting a pic. Come Sept 27, breakfast safari here I come again. EEyore has sat on my lap and the old gang at LLT always tried to swipe my (root) beer.

Oh good grief yes!!!! I would NEVER consider skipping a ride especially or a character line just because I didn't have a child with me. When we went last year on our honeymoon, with no kids obviously, we ate character meals, rode all the rides we wanted....Dumbo, Small World, etc. all included, and had our pics taken with TONS of characters. I LOVE characters!. It's never even occurred to me that anyone would feel that way like they should skip these things. Don't even give it another thought and go have fun and stop worrying.

I go to Disney with my adult daughter and the last couple of times our friends who moved to Tampa joined us for a couple of days at the World :tinker: As four adult women, we have had the most enjoyable character interactions imaginable :goodvibes The best part of the Disney magic is that Disney has a way of bringing out the inner child in all of us pixiedust:

My sister and I are teens and we still do characters with our parents :) WDW is the place you can be a kid again.

That being said -- we were walking around WS one evening before dinner and were in England. My mom and I decided to go back to the Toy Store and see if any characters were there, and my sister and dad were walking around the store. Pooh and Tigger were out, so my mom and I got in line. The cast member came up and said that we were the last family. Then, just a minute or two later, a little girl - maybe 2 or 3 years old, and her mom and dad came up and got in line. The cast member came over and said that we were the last ones in line, and that he was sorry the line was closed for the night. The little girl started BAWLING tears. My mom and I offered them our spot in line, and the parents said no - they didn't need us to do that. We insisted! The little girl was SO happy that she was going to get to meet Pooh and Tigger, and it made us feel so good.

We go every year -- seeing Pooh & Tigger that night didn't necessarily make or break the trip for us. We were so happy to give our spot to the family.

I don't see any problem with adults meeting characters. If you wait in line, you have as much right as anyone else. However, I go so often that if me meeting the character means the little girl behind me doesn't get to, I just wouldn't be able to do that to her!

Yep, I have. Just don't be surprised if people try to skip you in line. People kept getting in front of me when I was trying to get my picture with Stitch last trip, I think everyone (including the CMs) thought I was with another party since it was just me in line. I had to muscle my way in on that one. But I see no problem with getting your picture taken with characters as an adult.

This was Quoted by Walt Disney!

"You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

So basically he says adults are just big kids so go for it.. I always wait in line for characters and do the Its a small world and the other fantasy land attractions. As long as you wait in line like the children are supposed to than your good.

My family and I are doing 4 character meals (plus Remy at Chefs de France) this upcoming trip. I'm the youngest at 19.

And I'm SOO excited to meet Peter Pan, Aladdin, and Prince Naveen this trip. The princesses are awesome but I'm more interested in meeting the princes. :lovestruc

I *have* a small child, and I think if you want to ride ANY ride or see ANY character, you are more than welcome to get into line and do it. I would not feel at all like you were taking up time that "should have been for kids". You are a guest, those are attractions and experiences within the park, and if you will enjoy them, I believe you should.

Walt Disney's concept of the parks stemmed partially from his frustration that it seemed there was nowhere he could take his kids where they could all enjoy things together. The attractions in the parks are designed for all ages to enjoy. I would never tell someone they should move aside so my child doesn't have to wait for other people who don't happen to be kids. Those attractions and experiences in the parks were designed for all of us. :)

XOXO You said it perfectly!
:lovestruc

This year is my "get as many character pictures as I can" year, and I don't have any kids! It never occurred to me on my last two trips that there'd be any reason for me to skip or feel awkward waiting in line for characters or going on kid's rides.

People at work would probably laugh their butts off if they found out that every year DH and I (we work in the same building) HAVE to go on Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan's rides. DH is such a no nonsense type of guy at work but at Disney he's a total kid. I'm just a total kid period. :goodvibes

When I turned 45 I went to Disney World solo with the intent of getting as many pictures with the characters that I could. It was a wonderful time and a great experience!

Dh and I went to Disney last year with our 2 year old son. DS would fall asleep in his stroller for 2 hours and since we couldn't go on any rides during that time period, DH and I would go find characters to have our pictures taken with. DS wasn't even in the picture!

I love meeting the characters! It's definitely my favorite thing to do in the parks, whether I have my child with me or not!

yes, and as a parent I have no problems seeing adults only going on the same ride and meeting characters. You paid your ticket so enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter