Can an AP discount be applied Later?

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
Hi! If you book a room at the prevailing rate and then an AP discount becomes available (30 or 60 days out, usually, right?), can you then apply the AP rate? :teacher:

Thanks!

Yes - just call CRO and ask them to apply the rate.

I think AP rates come out a little earlier than 30-60 days. I believe last year the rates for the time I'm going this year (December) came out in August. Watch the boards here and I'm sure they'll post as soon as the rates come out.

An Ap rate can only be "applied" to an existing reservation if there is an empty room available for the discount for those dates.
And if all the rooms are booked at rack rate, then there is no need to offer an AP discount. (Last June, no AP rates were offered)

An Ap rate can only be "applied" to an existing reservation if there is an empty room available for the discount for those dates.
And if all the rooms are booked at rack rate, then there is no need to offer an AP discount. (Last June, no AP rates were offered)

True, if the alloted amout of rooms set aside for AP are booked, they do not have to change your ressie to an AP rate. Last June they were slow at the values.. the All Stars was popping up on Priceline. I canceled my AP rate room for June when I heard about that.. I did Priceline & ended up with AS-Music for only 2 nights. The other portion of my trip.. did as 2 seperate tries.. was at the Amerisuites on SR535... so I had to give up my AP rate ressie. My dates were the begining of June. .I can't speak for the middle or end, but the begining did have AP rates..

Sorry, I mis-spoke (or wrote:rotfl: )
I just looked it up - For check-ins June 4th - 19th there were no AP rates. After that there were only AP discounts available at selected Deluxe and DVC resorts until August 6th

I just looked it up - For check-ins June 4th - 19th there were no AP rates. After that there were only AP discounts available at selected Deluxe and DVC resorts until August 6th

well, you weren't wrong. there was a period of no AP rates.. ;) You are correct, they do not release many rooms, sometimes none, if they think they will book up without discounts.. then as time gets closer to actual time frame, if they still have a large portion of rooms not booked, they will then release to AP or FL rates...

YOu are correct and I can add that the delux resorts that were available were the EPCOT resorts. NO MK resorts were available with this AP discount for June and July -- and no AP discounts on value and moderate resorts, other than that early part of June you quoted. Now, of course, because the resorts were so full last year, we now have the new summer rates at the value and moderates resorts. Not sure if you remember that last year, Disney over sold the value and mods and were calling people asking them to change their trips and making them an offer to move them up to another resorts if they did. I don't think they got many takers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter