Can an 11 year old "adult" use his adult credit to buy off the kids menu?

MichiganMommy

Mouseketeer
I am considering the DDP. DS11 still prefers the kid menu items (pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers) to the adult entrees. Will the servers allow him to use his adult meal credits for a kids meal? Has anyone done this successfully?

TIA!

This past December, we were able to do just that. At Chefs (France), youngest daughter, 11, ordered escargot for app., kids strips for meal, and creme brulee for dessert. There was not a problem. We were 4 "adults" using 4 adult credits. You should be able to do so.

Our son wanted a kid's meal at TL and he wasn't allowed to do it.

We have used the ddp twice and never been denied anything. If our children wanted to eat off the childrens menu they were allowed. On the other hand, my son loves Ohanas and he was allowed to eat off the adults menu two years ago. We did compensate the waiter. I think if you are fair with them, they are fair with you. However, it probably has alot to do with the waitor.

With the recent enforcement changes, and the fact that CMs are being very closely audited for their compliance, there may be more difficultly in crossing the lines, now, even when it is ostensibly in Disney's favor. Be prepared for both possibilities.

We didn't do the DDP, but my 11 year old son ordered from the child's menu everytime. We saved a lot more money doing this and then having one big meal a day than doing the plan.

Thanks for all the replies! I am concerened that the CMs might have some sort of computerized register that won't allow them to use and adult credit for a kids meal. The computer won't recognize that it's cheaper for Disney this way. Well, we'll just wing it. I'm sure we will be able to work out something acceptable!

I am concerened that the CMs might have some sort of computerized register that won't allow them to use [an] adult credit for a kids meal. The computer won't recognize that it's cheaper for Disney this way.
FWIR, that is absolutely correct. What you might be able to arrange is for a CM to enter that an adult meal was purchased (thereby using an adult credit) but instead give you the child meal you wanted. Again, however, word is that the CMs are being very closely audited, and may not be able to accommodate this desire.

You could always ask the server if they would be willing to do an adult portion of whatever kid's food your child likes. They can be very accomodating to requests and it doesn't hurt to ask. I am thinking specifically of TS restaurants.
At CS, it seems lately most of the kid popular foods are only available to adults. :confused3

We were in that same situation last June. My 11 year old daughter only eats chicken fingers and pasta with butter. I forget where we were , but, she wanted a chicken fingers and we asked for an adult portion of chicken fingers which was not on the menu and it was not a problem..the same with a pasta dish at the Mama Melrose in MGM. Since we were on the dining plan, we ordered a pasta dish but asked for it to have only butter on it. Not a problem there either. Just ask. They can only say no.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to work it out. I'm thinking another strategy we might use is to let DS8 (a more adventerous eater) pick an adult entree and let DS11 (Mr. Pizza and burgers) pick a kids meal and they can swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter