Can a proud mom brag?

Bonnie40

<font color=red>Sweet tomatoes, yum<br><font color
My daughter Shayna was called today to work at Disney for the summer! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We have been on pins and needles for a week and a half since her interview in Toronto. She is one of only 30 students who will wing their way to Florida on May 14 through August 25! She was told that her interview stood out and she was hand picked for a Customer Service position. The details of the job weren't even available to the hiring agency here because so few Canadians are hired for this position! :banana: :banana:

She was told it will be loads of fun and she will be dealing directly with guests. She must have really impressed them if they feel she can represent her country and Disney this way! She had said she'd be happy picking up Cinderella's garbage! lol

I have never been more proud and excited for her! And guess what? It means I've got to start planning at least one trip down to the Mouse this summer! WOOHOO! :cool1: :cool1:

Sure you can brag!!!! You have a wonderful reason to! :thumbsup2
Congratulations Shayna and to you too Mom! :banana: :banana:
Let the planning begin! ;)

Way to go Shayna :thumbsup2 You are living my dream!!!!!

Now, If only I could get my daughter to work at Disney :rotfl2:

iluvwesties (aka Carol) :wave2:

Hey Carol! She's livin' my dream too!

I think I'm finally coming down from my adrenaline high and the reality is sinking in...

Oh am I going to miss her... :sad1:

Our loss this summer is going to be Disney's gain! :)

Thanks for the nice comments!

I know exactly how you feel, I'm going to miss my CM ICP bound daughter this summer too! UPS dropped off her welcome package on Friday and we purchased her airfare on Sunday, she's really going! At least I have until June 10 with her and we've booked 8 nights at WDW so we can visit halfway thru.

Is Shayna under 21? If so she'll be in the "wellness" apartments, with others of her age group. Maybe she'll meet my Brynna (who is 18)!

Marjorie

HOrray for Guelphies! And congrats Shayna!

I'm actually headed down there for May 14th as well for the summer!

Wish us Canadian International Students good luck! :goodvibes

...Doh! I'll be coming home on May 13th (but May 14th is my birthday).

Congrats....

....also had a great holiday last July based out of Guelph. :sunny:

Congrats Shayna and Bonnie!!!! I am a fellow Canadian and would be more than happy to check in on Shayna in July-Aug while we are on vaccation!! LOL!!!

Way to go to all the students that got jobs at Disney!!!! See You in July!!! GO CANADA!!!!! LOL!!!

Wow, that's just way cool (is that right? - trying to talk like the kids). You should be proud. She must be a very nice kid, to get picked to work there. I don't think we ran into one person in DW, that wasn't very friendly - even when they were taking crap from angry tourists.

Way to go :thumbsup2

CONGRATS to all of our Canadian students! That's just so cool! :banana:

Mary-Liz

That's awesome! I was just telling Gabe (who's FOUR :p ) that someday he might want to go and work at Disney! He's got dual UK/Canadian citizenship so maybe he'll have a double shot. :)

I told DH on this trip that I want to go and work in the Canadian pavillion when we retire and he said, "The won't want shrivelled old people...they want kids with lots of energy!" So I guess if he's right, my kids are my best hope. I think there's a disneystore coming to London though, and I might get a part time job there when my mat leave benefits run out after dd is born since I've taken off early.

Congrats again! :)

Beth :tink:

Congratulations to you and Shayna!! What an amazing opportunity :) Keep us posted and let us know how she's doing once she starts!

Congrats to your daughter, Bonnie and all other Canadian students who will be working at Disney!

I keep suggesting to Dan that he should consider applying to work a stint at Disney, when he's finished at Western.

We have to live vicariously through our kids, don't we, since they don't have a Snowbird program for Canadian adults! ;)

You just officially received the best reason to take multiple trips to WDW!

I've been down here since September and my parents have been here four times already!

To those coming down, you are going to have a BLAST!!!! It's basically a vacation for whatever your contract length is :)

~ Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter