Can a family of 6 do WDW for 2000?

I did not realise that my thread was still getting replies! Thank you all so much for all these great ideas!

During the free dining period, how crowded is Disney? We really like early October because its warm but not Hades warm and the crowds arent so populas!!!! We went December of 2004 and felt like we were cattle being herded about. We went this past October 2007 and it was much more manageable, still very warm but we rode all we wanted to and most things 2-3 times! Like Soarin' which we fast passed twice and Its a small world which we rode 3 times in a row with no wait. Our then 1 1/2 now 2 yr old DD loved it soo much we just kept getting off and right back on! LOL

For those who have booked two rooms for families with 4 kids or more how was it getting everyone organized? For those who have stayed at the values, how hectic is it with all the other many families floating about? Are the buses ok? We stayed off property this last trip so we had no issue with buses or lugging stroller about. And now that Disney has raised stroller pricing we will be lugging our own everywhere. We had thought to rent this next time because our youngest will be 3 and can walk to and from bus or vehicle so we'd only need the stroller in the parks for her and the small cooler/diaper bag. Maybe WDW will offer free stroller rental as part of their package perks in future package pricing :idea: Are you reading this Disney??????

We're also a family of 6 (me, dh, 9,7, 3 and 1 year old kiddies). I"ll try to answer some of these. First, yes, Sept. is still very HOT, but we live in a hot climate too, so it doesn't bother us too much. Also, we take lots of rests during the day and either head back to our room for a break/swim during the day or just leave the parks early. I so, so, so love the free dining that we go in Sept.even though we would absolutely prefer Nov. or Feb. We used to always stress about the food thing trying to find the cheapest way to do it so that each meal didn't cost $40 for burgers and nuggets :headache: and I'd plan to make meals where we were staying - free dining actually makes our family vacation a vacation for me too :dance3:

As far as crowding, it was more crowded than other times we've been, but when we hit the parks early, we made sure to hit our favs first and easily got to ride them more than once without waiting (except Dumbo - people love themselves some Dumbo :) !)

We've now stayed at POP and POR during free dining and actually preferred POP. This will be the first year we've needed 2 rooms but as they're guaranteed connecting, I can't imagine it will be too difficult, we'll probably play a lot of musical beds :)

Last year was the first time in a long time that we had little ones who had to be carried and a stroller to try and get on the bus. After the first day, we decided it was easier to drive for us, but our littlest ones were smaller than yours, I just couldn't hold both babies, some of our stuff and watch our 6 and 8 year olds while my dh handled the stroller and the rest of our stuff. You may not have as much difficulty with just a small stroller for your 3 year old. The car worked out great for us and parking at the parks is free for on-site guests.

HTH! Good luck with all your choices!

We just went in Jan and had 2 rooms at All Stars Movie. We had our 3 kids plus a friends kid. The entire trip cost us around 1800 not including the gas we spent. We got the rooms really cheap being FL residents (49 a night), we upgraded 4 tix to season passes, bought one season pass and 1 4 day play (around 800). We also bought P&P tix (260). We packed snacks and breakfast food. We ate pizza in our room 3 times (deleveried from offsite) and had cs 2 times. We did enjoy 3 sit down meals.

I would try free dinning cause for us we were close to 2000 and planned a very budget trip with 6. Remember when you are planning eating at a condo or in room that you still have to buy the food you are making. I did not include that in our trip cost, but we spent about 150 before we even left.

We are a family of 7 and we're closer to spending 3000 on 2 rooms with free dining this Sept/October. We're staying Sat through Sat though...so maybe shortening it to a 5 day stay? Staying off site has always been WAY WAY cheaper for us in the past...but we really would rather stay onsite if and when we can afford it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter