Can a family of 4 rent a tent for the night?

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by kikiV, Dec 18, 2010.

1. kikiV

kikiV Mouseketeer

So, we've never camped but this year stayed at Wilderness Lodge. We took the boat over to the Fort and the kids loved it. I was wondering if a family of 4 can rent a tent for a night or two?

I read the info. and couldn't tell if it is for groups only??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

from http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Yes. The official policy for Fort Wilderness is that rental tents and cots are only available to groups of 20 or more using Creekside Meadow, the primitive camping area. However, official policy and practice seem to differ. Individuals have rented equipment before and I've called FW myself and been told they do rent equipment to individuals if they have it available and a group hasn't already made arrangements to rent it. Tents are $30 per night, cots are $4 per night, so it's not cheap.

4. BradyBz12

BradyBz12 1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

I've seen many disney rental tents on individual sites. There was even one setup behind a MH in the 300 loop just a month ago.

5. AuburnJen92

AuburnJen92 DIS Veteran

I saw a rental behind a MH as well during Thanksgiving. Once they left, Disney came right in and took it down. It was pretty neat to watch.

6. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

We saw a rental tent on site 1701 the weekend of 12/9 to 12/12. Call the front desk and they can tell you for sure.

7. Tri-circle-D

Tri-circle-D <font color=peach>Throwing some love to TCD<br><fo

To the original poster (OP)-

I meant to post this when I first saw this thread, but I forgot to.

But, here's a link to a recent trip report from a member of the boards, Ambertides, describing her one-night visit to the Fort in a rental tent. There are some photos of the inside and outside of the rental tent. I would say there is plenty of room for a family of four:

Abertides' Trip Report

So, yes, you can definitely rent a tent for one night.

TCD

8. DisCamper

DisCamper Just waiting for the next WDW trip

Disney rental tents on individual sites. The cost is $30 a night they set it up on the site before you check in and take it down after you check out. The Ph# is 407.939.7807 I have used the tent rental before and it is great.