Can a 10 yo on Adult DDP order a kids meal?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by cjsteiger, Sep 29, 2011.

1. cjsteiger

cjsteiger Mouseketeer

I know it's not the best use of our credits but my son is not a big eater and we are getting free dining in Feb. So he will have the Adult dining plan but I'm sure more often than not he will want to order off the kids menu. Is this allowed? Thanks for your help!:worship:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Phatoomch

Phatoomch DIS Veteran

I don't know if its allowed or not, I would have thought it would be ok because its a 'downgrade' price wise.

I found feeding my 10yr old off the adult menu was pretty easy and restaurants will adapt to your childs needs - she also isn't a big eater but with all the walking we were doing she tucked into her meals good style so you might be surprised ;)

4. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

Some of the TS choices offer Junior Sized meals. They are basically kid's meals with more of it. We heard about this first at Kona and then also did it at 50's.

Since you are on DDP and he's an adult you can order the Junior meal without a problem

check this out for size difference....

[​IMG]
    Kid's meal. About 4 ravioli

[​IMG]
    Junior. about 12 ravioli

5. cjsteiger

cjsteiger Mouseketeer

That sounds like the perfect option. I'll make sure I ask for that. Thanks for the help.:thumbsup2

6. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

You're welcome. Have a wonderful trip!

[​IMG]

7. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

The other option which may be more economical, is for the parents to pool the kid's adult dining credits to use themselves and pay for the kids meals OOP. Might be able to add a signature or two.

Just a thought.