Cam's New Lease on Life Journal (comments welcome!)

Hey Cam-

Yeah, I said admiration. :) Maybe eating pizza wasn't the choice you intended to make, but you didn't do too badly. Me, I can't even be around pizza.

I hope your head starts feeling better soon!

Thank you, Heather! You are such a sweetie! My head is feeling much better -- thanks for the good wishes.

The portrait session went well last night. I was glad I took the time to go home and change into something cute. Howard said "that jacket makes you look tiny" and then later shook his head and said "my wife is disappearing before my eyes". He is soooo sweet! :lovestruc 23 years since I met him and he still makes my heart stutter (in a good way :teeth: )!

It's moments like that I want to write here so that I can come back and read when I get discouraged. The scale still isn't cooperating, but I am really just trying to maintain this healthy eating lifestyle. If nothing else, at least I know that I can probably maintain my weight in a 3 pound range when I get to WW Lifetime! ;)

We took the kids out to a nice dinner last night and I really splurged and will gladly take the hit on my FPs for the week to have done that. We went to Bugaboo Creek (which kind of reminds us of Wilderness Lodge, so we really love it!).

Snowbird chicken (1 piece) dipped in honey mustard & fries (shared appetizer) & taste of bread (8)
green salad w/vinegarette dressing, crumbled bleu cheese & steak (14??)

My family shared a dessert -- I tasted one of their sliced apples and had decaf coffee

I won't know what my plan is for today until I figure out if I am meeting a friend for lunch. But I hope to get out of here at a reasonable hour and go shopping for some stuff I really need, like a new trenchcoat and a new wintercoat. I wish I could hold out a bit longer in the hopes of getting a petite so it doesn't have to be altered, but that isn't going to happen for a while. For now, I'll settle for needing one about 3-4 sizes smaller than last year.

Guess I'll go find something for breakfast.

B: 2 lite multi-grain english muffins w/ICBINB or country crock pumpkin spread (3); lite yogurt with sprinkle of kashi go lean (2)
L: fat free tuna salad w/crackers kit (3)

Hi Cam,

How sweet is your DH??! That is so cute!
Glad that you had a nice night with the family. Bugaboo Creek is a fun place. Though sometimes when the animals start moving I get a little creeped out! hehehe!!! Mmmm blue cheese & steak, that is a match made in heaven's kitchen! hehe

Have fun shopping today! Needing three-four sizes smaller for this year's winter coat is awesome!!
Country crock pumpkin spread?? Who knew such a thing existed?? I am a pumpkin fiend, I better be careful or this is a time of the year I could get in trouble carb wise! LOL

Have a happy & healthy day!
Mike :goodvibes

Thanks, Mike! Actually, I just love the little raccoon that comes up out of the barrel and looks around. Very cute! :teeth:

Didn't get to have lunch with my friend yesterday, so I ate here. Got out of here around 5:15 and went shopping. I found a great raincoat/trenchcoat in 16petite!!!! :Pinkbounc Also found a great dressy wintercoat in size 16! And 2 cute outfits, one of which might be good for the awards evening next week.

Picked up DD after band and checked on some stuff there for flags and uniforms and didn't get home until after 9. Too late to go to the gym, so I used our treadmill to do my 30 minutes. I literally had to drag myself down the basement to do that, but my good friends on the training thread are so inspiring and motivating that I didn't want to miss a day on the training plan. Heck, a lot of those guys are doing long runs of 6 miles or much more. How can I complain about 30 minutes. I really am going to have to discipline myself to get up early in the morning and do this stuff, though, so that it isn't such a chore at the end of a long day when I am tired and hungry.

Food plan for today:
B: lite EM w/lite turkey (2); fit n fiber yogurt w/kashi (1.5)
S: apple (1)
L: (meeting a friend. Some kind of salad with grilled chicken or shrimp or tuna, probably)

DD has a football game tonight, so DH will take DS to see "Corpse Bride" and I will stay home and watch "Three Wishes" :cloud9:
Tomorrow a.m. -- I am going to try to drag DD to DS's cross country meet, then she has to be at school by 2:15, so hopefully, we can squeeze in a quick trip to the mall to look for a Homecoming dress. Then up to Hershey, PA for a competition, home by 1:45 am and meeting friends for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Another fun, busy weekend. Hoping to be able to stay on plan. Want to do PFChang's for lunch Sunday, so I am hoarding FPs for that. :)

HI Cam!!!!

Yeah for you on getting a smaller size coat!!! Doesn't that feel great??

Sounds like you have a very busy weekend!!! Have a good time.

Keep up the great work! Happy Friday

Hi Cam!

Sounds like your shopping trip went well! :goodvibes Congratulations on the smaller size! :jumping1:

It sounds like you have another busy, but fun weekend planned. :goodvibes Hope it's a good one! ::yes::

Take care! :hug:

Thank you, Jamie! Thank you, Tracy! Actually, I feel like a clothes horse now that I can find stuff I really like in sizes that it feels good to buy. :confused3

Tracy -- congrats on being GREEN!!!!

Jamie -- you are almost there! keep up the great work!

Lunch with my friend was great. We were celebrating him making partner at his firm, though we hardly discussed our practices at all. I like that in a lawyer! :teeth: I had a "free" salad with a tiny bit of corn relish on the side and about 6 small cubes of turkey. No dressing. Delicious. More water. Calling it 4 pts & a bag of baked lays for 2.

Hi Cam you are doing great. I am so happy for you that you can find the clothes that you like. Great job. I know that losing weight can and is a very hard thing but when your husband is completely floored when he sees you in better clothes than the big baggy things it really make you feel great. Your husband is a great person and make sure you give him a hug. Husband comments always make you feel so much better. have a wonderful day. kardiebelle

I've been lurking again and not taking time to post. you've been doing AWESOME!!

I finally took the plunge and bought the marathoning book. next step will be to read it.

New coat and new size......Congrats!!!

Hope you're off to the start of a GREAT weekend!

I'm glad your DH is appreciating all the hard work the new you is taking.

Hey Cam-

Looks like you had a really busy day yesterday. Did you manage to get a homecoming dress for DD? How was lunch today?

Hope you get a chance to relax at some point! :flower:

Hi, kardiebelle! Thank you for stopping by my journal. I was so busy this weekend that you were here more than I was! ;)

Julie -- I hope you enjoy reading the book. I am going to read it again. I've been using it as a reference, but actually want to read it beginning to end again.

Hi, Heather! Thanks for asking about my weekend. We found TWO dresses for DD to choose from and she has made up her mind on one that is variegated (sp?) cranberry darkening to reddish/black at the bottom with glitter roses, spaghetti straps and a draped bodice. Very pretty on her with her jet black corkscrew curls and dark skin. Now we just have to prevent DH from seeing her in it before Saturday night or he won't let her out of the house! ;)

We had a great time at lunch yesterday at PF Chang's -- lettuce wraps are so absolutely delicious! We tried a spicy szechuan asparagus dish that was wonderful and an eggplant and chicken dish that was also a taste sensation. YUM! Too many points this weekend, including pizza Saturday night (2 slices of veggie) and had to hit my flexpoints. Tomorrow is WI and I'm hoping to actually see some scale movement since I haven't really seen any net movement in about 4-6 weeks. Maybe I need to avoid the chinese and the pizza and the scale will move! :rotfl:

Did my 3 mile LW on Saturday at a pace of less than 15 minutes, which was great. Yesterday was a "rest" day and today I did 30 minute walk and about 5 minutes stretching.

Just found out the "ugly spot" (DH calls them "beauty marks) that I have to have removed will require an in office surgical procedure, complete with internal and external stitches and a 3 inch diameter incision. UGH! Of course my first concern was, "I am training to speedwalk a half marathon -- can I keep up my training?" He said it might be painful and he's concerned about pulling the stitches and he will leave them in longer, but he seemed okay with me listening to my body and playing it by ear. Wish it were on my arm instead of my hip.

Today's plan:
B: small bagel w/scrape of cream cheese; decaf coffee w/creamer (7)
L: chicken broth with spinach & mushrooms (0); whole wheat pasta w/light sauce and parmesan (6)

hope you are doing good!!

i had an "ugly spot" removed 2 times..one on my back and one on my chest....it is sore for the first day or two, so just take it easy!! dont make me worry :)

Thanks, Jen! It is so nice to see you here, sweetie! How are you doing? Was it hard to get back into the groove at school after WDW? Your pictures are wonderful. Have a great night! :hug:

Hey Cam!

I hope your spot removal goes well. Be sure and take it easy after the procedure, okay? :hug:

Have a great Tuesday! :sunny:

Heya! sorry for not stopping by sooner

Super congrats on the smaller size!!! That and ooh your DD's dress sounds so pretty. I'm sorry to hear about the spot, i'm the biggest baby when it comes to pain. Stay strong and keep at it, your doing so awesome!

Thanks, Tracy! I'm kind of wishing the spot removal were now rather than a month from now -- was thinking I'd like to use the jacuzzi at HH and might not be able to do that with stitches in. UGH!

Hi, Rizel! Nice to see you. I am also a baby about pain. I literally, physiologically have a very low pain threshold -- during a surgery the doctors had to give me morphine even though I was under general anesthesia because I was crying in pain. They were astonished. On my third heart surgery, they had to stop and put me all the way under because I was crying in pain. I'm such a wuss! ;)

Well, the scale showed no movement this morning. At first I was upset, then perturbed and now? well, now I am just forcing myself to face the fact that my eating habits were terrible this week. I ate out so much and even though the choices I made were not too bad, it still isn't healthy to eat like that. I also ate very late several nights. I ate "out" Wednesday night (Bugaboo Creek), Friday lunch (salad), Saturday lunch (Chick Fil A), Saturday night (pizza), Sunday lunch (PFChangs), Sunday dinner (leftover PFChang's) & movie popcorn (small, no butter).

So, even though I stayed within my points, I really wasn't that good about what I was eating. I am really going to work on being better about that this week and hope for a visit from the WHOOSH fairy when it is time to step on the scale a week from today.

Today's plan:
B: cheerios (dry) (2); coffee w/skim milk (0); apple with low fat peanut butter (3)
L: "free" salad w/1 can solid white tuna in water (4)

I'll work on keeping my water intake up. I have been good about taking my vitamins -- I think I only missed one day the past week.

Hi Cam!

Ya know what? I think your scale reading this morning should be considered a VICTORY! :Pinkbounc Why? Because you said that last week, you ate out more than you usually do and at times, later in the evening than you usually do. Those factors alone can cause a weight gain, but guess what? For you, they didn't! That is awesome, Cam! :cheer2: Next week, the numbers on the scale are going down! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I hope you have a wonderful day, filled with :sunny:, :rotfl:, and :love: !

Tracy -- You are amazing! Your sunny outlook is so incredibly precious to me! Thank you! I hope you are right on the scale thing! :teeth:

So, everytime I started to pick up junk food today, I reminded myself that I should be eating only foods that are going to fuel and nourish my body. I'm off to get some cheese & crackers or a yogurt now. :rolleyes:

Way to go Cam!!!! Good for you for putting the junk food down and getting something better!!!!!

Keep up the good work! You will see scale movement, I just know it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter