Campsite Discount

Why would Disney give discounts during busy times? They don't have to we go anyway. Not getting a disount would never stop me from going to the Fort.

Partially :offtopic: - Two of my posts on this thread are missing, also two of parrothead64's posts that I had responded to here. Does anyone know if someone else, besides yourself, can delete your post? It has sure happened here. He evidently deleted his, also my responses, as I had quoted him :confused3

By the way, bama_ed, you responded also. Do you have any idea what happened. I've never heard of anyone besides yourself being able to delete your post, definitely not another Diser :confused3

I had posted re the discount campsites ::yes::

I bet it's what AuntBJ said - a mod cleaning up.

On the bottom left corner of each post is a triangle with an exclamation point (I think) where if something in a post violates forum rules, you can Request Assistance (RA) from a moderator. Some forums I visit even use it as a verb form ("I RA'd.", for example). Anyone signed in to the board can click it and write an explanation to the mod. The mod will look at it and clean up as they deem necessary.

I understood your original comment to be tongue-in-cheek because you used the emoticon of the upside down smiley face.

Getting back on topic now, I guess they're trying to pack the Fort full because fall time is popular particularly around weekends, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. It's great tent camping weather if your schedule permits you to be there.

Bama ED

I reserved a preferred spot for the 3rd week in April 2013 and was thrilled to get a 15% AAA discount. It was the first time we were able to get one (and it looks like 15% is high for the campsites (woo hoo!) Like others have said keep on trying and don't give up! :banana:

Most excellent, kaslac4. pixiedust:

Is that after Easter next year? (I'm too lazy to look at a calendar). Rates drop down after the spring break/Easter very high rates and the discounts are more plentiful. And as we tell folks, there are discounts from AAA usually available most times but at peak visitations they limit the discount to fewer sites and/or types of sites and a lower discount percentage. So the early bird gets the worm when it comes to discounts - when they are all claimed, there are no more for the next guest with the same dates.

I think you are correct that 15% is the max discount I have seen applied via AAA. Now you can spend that money on some Fort-specific merchandise at the Trading Post. ::yes::

Bama ED

I reserved a preferred spot for the 3rd week in April 2013 and was thrilled to get a 15% AAA discount. It was the first time we were able to get one (and it looks like 15% is high for the campsites (woo hoo!) Like others have said keep on trying and don't give up! :banana:

Thank you for reminding me :wave2: I had forgotten about trying for a discount for our April ressies. Just called and also got a 15% AAA discount for my dates. :woohoo: Still no discounts for our Nov/Dec. trip, but I definitely am happy about the discount for April ::yes::

Thank you for reminding me :wave2: I had forgotten about trying for a discount for our April ressies. Just called and also got a 15% AAA discount for my dates. :woohoo: Still no discounts for our Nov/Dec. trip, but I definitely am happy about the discount for April ::yes::

pixiedust:Congratulations.pixiedust: Somehow I missed AAA for my October trip which I reserved last year. Even though I wouldn't dream of cancelling over it, it is a bit of a bummer to be paying rack rate on a premium site.

So happy to hear you got the April discount also! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Nov/Dec trip! I envy that you are going in November also! Have a great trip with or without the discount!:)

:thanks: for the well wishes AuntBJ and kazlac4 for our April discounted stay. I will keep my eye open for end of year discounts, but we too, will plan to go no matter. It's just some nice pixiedust: and extra $$'s to spend when thinking of our F&G Festival trip ;) Hope y'all have some wonderful trips :wave2:

It's been a few years since we went to the Fort and we're heading back right after Thanksgiving. Already booked the site (tent/pop-up) so is it too late to get the discount? Or do I just call and ask if there is one that can be applied? (Do I need to know the code?) I booked online at the disney site so I'm assuming I would know if I got a discounted rate already. ???

Thanks for helping this ol' girl out! ;)

It's been a few years since we went to the Fort and we're heading back right after Thanksgiving. Already booked the site (tent/pop-up) so is it too late to get the discount? Or do I just call and ask if there is one that can be applied? (Do I need to know the code?) I booked online at the disney site so I'm assuming I would know if I got a discounted rate already. ???

No, it's not too late to ask for a discount. Now, whether it's available, you won't know until you ask, as they only have so many discounted sites in each category. I wasn't able to get a discount on my trip the week beginning after Thanksgiving - guess there wasn't a problem filling those dates without discounts!

There are public offerings for discounts on the sites now, as well as AP's and AAA, so I would call as soon as possible. I haven't needed codes before with these discounts.

Good Luck! pixiedust:

There are public offerings for discounts on the sites now, as well as AP's and AAA, so I would call as soon as possible. I haven't needed codes before with these discounts.

Good Luck! pixiedust:

I agree, just call and ask. Ask them also if they can check to see if you have a pin code. I checked with a pin code my brother had received in my e-mail and for the date I checked (which would overlap your dates somewhat) it applied a small discount to a tent/pop-up site. This was a couple of weeks ago though.

Make sure you register to get offers by e-mail and maybe you will get lucky that way. Some people say if you save a trip on the planning area, it will sometimes be followed by a pin code.

I have to work to get my brother's name disassociated with my e-mail as all the offers come in his name.

I booked online at the disney site so I'm assuming I would know if I got a discounted rate already. ???

Just a heads up for online booking. If you haven't clicked on a link through a special offer even if it is right there on their site, it will show and book you at rack rate.

Always go to the special offers section first and see if you see any to click on. Try there first even if it doesn't mention the campground or seem to include your dates. Sometimes you may get a pleasant surprise.

I book through a Dreams Unlimited travel agent though so she checks for discounts for me.

Well, this AM I checked again with the new discount code and still not available for Premium sites for our December trip.

My take is Don't Worry Be Happy & Tis the Season.

Can't wait to get there to start the Christmas Celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter