Camping over Christmas - not a lot of decorations :(

Marcy Mouse

DIS Veteran
We are camping at the fort Dec 14 to 31 and because we live in an appartment I don't have any outside decorations.

I have some warm white lights but nothing else. I was at target tonight and found some photo props that are christmas themed. I was thinking of doing a Christmas themed photo prop thing - where the various items would be left out for use. Then as people went by they could stop and take pics with the various props.

Just an idea any opinions?

Thanks,
Marcy

I'm not sure what you are referring to " photo props". Can you elaborate?

Most display blow ups!

If I was there at Xmas I would do lots of lights and wreaths.

Also, if just a one time use kind of thing how about try Craig's list in the are for some cheap ones that you could pass along after your trip????

Decorating can be so much fun but I would hesitate on the cost factor for just a one time use. But you didn't say anything about cost so maybe that is not a concern.

What I think you mean is leave out a bunch of "stuff" and people then pose with them to take pics. Never heard of this and wonder if people would "get it".

If it does work you should make up a sign with maybe a unique hash tag so they could post them to twitter and you could find them.

Still not sure if people would play along. Most campers have a rule of not touching other people's stuff.

Put a photo booth there and they might! I wouldn't go on someone's site unless invited.

Sounds unique to me. You don't want to go in heavy on the decorations anyway. They are cracking down on the decorations. They are enforcing the rules about being within 10 feet of site, or no more than halfway to your neighbor. No wrapping lights around trees or on fences, etc.

This in mind, something along the lines of what you are considering might just work. Like the others said, you may need to come up with a way to explain it, invite guests up to it, make them feel welcome to pose with it, etc.

It's a novel idea, what you propose, Marcy.

I think if you put it out by the road and had a sign near it that said something like, "Feel Free to Pose with xxxx...." people would get it.

And probably the kitchy-er the better. Any Dis-nification of it would help too.

Bama Ed

We are camping at the fort Dec 14 to 31 and because we live in an appartment I don't have any outside decorations.

I was thinking of doing a Christmas themed photo prop thing - where the various items would be left out for use. Then as people went by they could stop and take pics with the various props.

YES! We will be arriving to Disney on the 14th and are taking the wagon ride through FW... JUST to see the decorations! If I saw your sign, I would DEFINITELY take pictures and hashtag them for you! How fun! Maybe your hashtag could be something like...

#FWChristmas14PhotoBooth
#ChristmasPosesFW
#FWpropPics
#MickeysPhotoBoothFW
#MarcyMouseMagic

Either way, post what you decide and we'll be looking for you!

I bought some props and the kids have been busy making some :) Now I need to find the right back drop and buy a spot light.

We just returned from our trip. 16 glorius days!
Anyway the latest is all lighted and musical displays must be turned off by 10PM.
It's a shame. Most love the displays. We enjoy looping after the fireworks on the beach.
That makes it after 10.
I enjoy setting up my display. And I love to see what others come up with. If you stay in a park till closing, you miss them.
That is assuming that all play by the rules. I do. I don't want to go to Disney jail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter