• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

camping near disneyland

bev r.

<font color=deeppink>What about the rest of us Can
Can anyone recommend a nice family oriented campground near Disneyland. We are a family of five with a pop-up trailer.

thanks.

Bev,
There are some RV parks close by, and some camping at the southern beaches. Can you stay at an RV/camping park or do you need a regular campground?

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
Font Hints
DIS websites
Dan's clipart primer

Theres a great campground by where I live, its called The Dunes and is located in Newport Beach, its kinda neat cause they have a little beach there and stuff, plus its near Fashion Island a shopping mall, its located no more then 20 mins from Disneyland, however I drove by it the other day and it looked pretty crowded so if your gonna make a reservation do so soon.

MaryJo,
My family prefers the public campgrounds over the private ones. Generally, all we require are campgrounds with flush toilets and showers if we stay in an area for a few days. I am concerned about security at the public campgrounds, is there anything I should worry about? We have stayed at many state and national parks in the Pacific northwest and western Canada without any problems.

Thanks.

I agree with GhostHost about the Dunes in Newport Beach. We stayed there last summer with our 2 small DDs and loved it!

It's a resort RV campground. There are canoes that I believe you can rent (we didn't have time to do that), a nice playground on the beach for the kids, nice grounds, a general store that also sells coffee (great for those mornings when you didn't want to bother), a nice pool, and good laundry facilities. The one thing about staying there though is that if you stayed all day at Disneyland, you wouldn't be able to enjoy this beautiful resort. We wish we had allotted 1 or 2 days just to enjoy the place.

We loved the resort and have only 2 negative things to say about staying there. (1) It's pricey. We don't know what the rates are this year but last year I think we paid about $60USD per night--quite a bit of money for us Canadians given the exchange rate! (2) It's about a 40 minute drive from DL back to the Dunes. For us that was a long, hard drive, given that we were tired after a long day at DL and the kids were whiny and just wanted to crawl into bed. :rolleyes:

I'd like information also---we have stayed at the Disneyland campground but guess that is no longer there. Part of the new DCA or so I've heard. Thanks PattyN :cool:

ihttp://www.disneyclipart.com/cgi-bin/jump.bin?ID=464mg/img

Bev: I forgot to mention one more thing in my earlier post about the Dunes. It's a secured RV resort with security staff stationed at the gate. They let you in if you show your site tag or if you had a reason to be in there. We felt very secure there--lots of vacation goers just having family fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter