• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Campground Discounts

PACAMPER

Earning My Ears
Disney has done it again! Today they announced an extension of their military discounts. Again they are not available to campsites. We are spending $4800 on a vacation package or 4 and they still don't think this warrants a discount.

From what I understand and what has been mentioned numerous other times on the Boards, it is because you can have up to 8 or 10 people on a campsite(don't remember the exact number never had more than 4) when the resort rooms usually have a cap of 4 before you pay more.

How many people camping have 8 to 10 people on their site. I usually see 4 maybe 5 people. I would like if they just offered more AP discounts for FW. They could work around it and offer 4 CS meals during your stay. A lunch for a family of 4 or 2 lunches for a couple. Something would be nice since there are times when we have to book during the "high" time and we spend about $100 a night for our parking space. I would appreciate anything they did.

Unfortunately, as long as everyone keeps paying those outrageous prices, they will keep charging them. The only way it will change is if the fort stays empty. Wow, $116 a night. I'll stay home, thanks.

Disney has done it again! Today they announced an extension of their military discounts. Again they are not available to campsites. We are spending $4800 on a vacation package or 4 and they still don't think this warrants a discount.

I looked all over and couldn't find any announcements about military discounts. Where did you find/hear/see this?

I used that discount in March for a campsite.

I tried twice and both people told me no. They advertise how they support our troops. The only reason we are going for X-mas is that our soldier is in Iraq, 4th deployment and we are trying to make it a little easier.

PACAMPER thank you and your soldier for your sacrifice to our country and everyone who lives in freedom because of it. Safe return for them and all of our finest. Have a great trip. We will be there for a long weekend in December.

Unfortunately, as long as everyone keeps paying those outrageous prices, they will keep charging them. The only way it will change is if the fort stays empty. Wow, $116 a night. I'll stay home, thanks.

Yeap, totally agree. We had reservations last year through Xmas and ended up leaving early because I just couldn't force myself to pay the higher amount for a site just to be there over Christmas. I choke when it gets to $70 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter