Campfire at Ft. Wilderness still going on?

Alison_in_Wonderland

Mouseketeer
We are going to be there in January and I would like to take my kids to the Chip and Dale campfire. Are they still doing this? Does it take place every night?

Thanks!

Yes and you can find the movie schedule right here on the camping board!

We finally went this past trip(Thanksgiving) and LOVED it! Next time we will take hot dogs and our own smores fixin's!:thumbsup2

BTW....are you staying at the Fort...if not can we use your pool?;) :rotfl2: :goodvibes JK

I hope your boys have a wonderful, magical time!!!:wizard:

We're going to be there the first week in February.

What time to they light the campfire? When does the sing along begin?

Can I buy the s'mores kit? for how much?:teacher:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

...Can I buy the s'mores kit? for how much?

The current pricing of the s'more kits is 1 arm and 1/2 a leg. ;) :laughing: Actually, I think it's $7 for a small box of Grahams, a baggie of marshmallows, a chocolate bar and 2 sticks. You're much better off bringing your own. But it's nice to have the convenience if you need it!

The current pricing of the s'more kits is 1 arm and 1/2 a leg. ;) :laughing: Actually, I think it's $7 for a small box of Grahams, a baggie of marshmallows, a chocolate bar and 2 sticks. You're much better off bringing your own. But it's nice to have the convenience if you need it!

That is pricey!
We're driving, so I think I might pack my own goodies, except I wouldn't know what to use for the stick.... any ideas? :confused:

That is convenient though, and knowing me, I'd buy at least $7 worth of chocolate to bring...:rolleyes1

Their prices being what they are, we consider the chuckwagon as a backup plan only. If we forget something or need a hot coffee its fine but the beer and soda prices are way high. The meadows trading post is a short walk from the campfire and is more economical for snacks.

That is pricey!
We're driving, so I think I might pack my own goodies, except I wouldn't know what to use for the stick.... any ideas? :confused:

That is convenient though, and knowing me, I'd buy at least $7 worth of chocolate to bring...:rolleyes1

You can pick up everything you need at Wal-Mart including Telescoping Forks in the camping dept. in sporting goods. I have also seen these at dollar stores too.

Things get started at 7PM, we like to arrive at 6:30PM.

Things get started at 7PM, we like to arrive at 6:30PM.

Yes, I think arriving early is a great idea. My sister has been raving about the campfire, she took my DD back when she was 3 while my DH & I were at CG for our "date night". So, this trip we all will go check it out! I'm really looking forward to it!:cheer2:

Thanks for all the great ideas and you all are a friendly bunch! :grouphug:

I am taking DD (6) to WDW for mom/daughter only trip at the end of February. Is it done all year? I would love to do this with her the first night. I am depending on WDW transportation and was considering taking a bus to catch a boat at the MK to make it more fun (depending on the weather). Does the campground offer a shuttle to the movie area from where I would get off the boat? I have never been to FW. This is kind of a scouting trip for when the whole family is here.:thumbsup2

Is the trading post a counter service restaurant or just a place to pick up supplies?

Thanks for all the help.

I am taking DD (6) to WDW for mom/daughter only trip at the end of February. Is it done all year? I would love to do this with her the first night. I am depending on WDW transportation and was considering taking a bus to catch a boat at the MK to make it more fun (depending on the weather). Does the campground offer a shuttle to the movie area from where I would get off the boat? I have never been to FW. This is kind of a scouting trip for when the whole family is here.:thumbsup2

Is the trading post a counter service restaurant or just a place to pick up supplies?

Thanks for all the help.

yes buses run through the fort, just get off at the meadows trading post (that is the 800 loop). Then just head east and go over the walking bridge and it will take you to the campfire. The walking bridge is not well marked so the campfire is behind the trading post.

The Meadows trading post is not a counter service restaurant. You can buy snacks or some groceries there but nothing prepared to eat.

You would have to stop at Trails End to find counter service. This is where the boat will drop you off.
Hope this helps some and enjoy your trip.

yes buses run through the fort, just get off at the meadows trading post and the campfire is behind the trading post.

The Meadows trading post is not a counter service restaurant. You can buy snacks or some groceries there but nothing prepared to eat.

You would have to stop at Trails End. This is where the boat will drop you off.
Hope this helps some and enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have always wanted to check out FW. I've got my notes jotted down and I am really looking forward to it. Thanks again!

Yes it is all year. The trading posts have basic groceries, some camping supplies, souvenirs, etc. but not a counter service. There is a Chuckwagon at the campfire singalong that sells smore kits along with popcorn and if I remember right some things like hot dogs, nachos, etc.

There is a sing-a-long with campfire type kids songs, an appearance by Chip and Dale and then a movie shown after.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter