Camp Rico kayak and zipline

Mtinkerbell5189

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done this? We are doing the early spot at 715 (ekk) but we kayak and I am assuming you won't get that wet. Will you?

Can I bring my backpack and nice camera (I will put it in a big ziplock bag)? but if from the kayak it is easy to fall in the water that wont help. Just want to take great pictures but also keep my big camera safe. HELP!

Has anyone ever done this? We are doing the early spot at 715 (ekk) but we kayak and I am assuming you won't get that wet. Will you?

Can I bring my backpack and nice camera (I will put it in a big ziplock bag)? but if from the kayak it is easy to fall in the water that wont help. Just want to take great pictures but also keep my big camera safe. HELP!

We just did this excursion last week. You will not be off the ship early enough for a 7:15 a.m. excursion.

DH and DD just did this excursion last week. They both had wet bottoms from the kayaking. DH was worse since he was in the back. I don't think there is a need for a backpack. All they brought was a camera (in a ziploc bag) and bug spray. It was easy enough for DH to put in the pockets of his shorts. They had a blast!

Just re-read your post and saw that you indicated you have a big camera. Ours is just pocket-sized so maybe you do need a backpack. I would try to use a small backpack, though. I personally wouldn't want too much extra bulk hanging on my back when ziplining. That's just me, though.

Well the 715 time is offered through Disney, so I will trust them on that one and maybe it is just our meeting time. I guess I could bring just my small camera but the big one takes such wonderful pictures I think it would be great to have in the jungle for the excursion. Anyone else who has done this has advice? I think I would want to bring the backpack anyways with water and whatever else we may need.

Did you need the bug spray?

They did not end up using the bug spray at all. However, the next day DD noticed a few "bites" on her legs so maybe she should have sprayed anyway. They did sell bottles of water on the excursion also. I don't know what the cost was but it must have been reasonable or I would have heard a complaint from DH.

We did this in Nov. My butt was very wet from the kayak when we sat down. And then it started raining. We had a bit of rain through the first part of the hike but then the sun came out and all was good. Just checked our photos and my BIL had a small backpack he used.

We all did use bug spray.

It was a great experience- I hope you all have as much fun as we did.

If you have any pictures you are willing to share for a PM or something. I would love to see. I will be bringing a backpack then and wrapping it in a plastic bag and towel. I was just worried about being fully submerged in water but if I'm careful kayaking I guess we should be okay.

Anyone else bring a camera on this excursion?

We brought our small camera which also has video capability. DH took both pics and video and it turned out great. We didn't bring our large camera on the cruise. We took a backpack on the excursion with water, etc. in it, which DH wore. My butt was completely wet from the kayak. We didn't take bug spray, and I'm the only one of the three in our family that got itchy bites on my legs. We very much enjoyed this excursion. The guides were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter