Camp Out on 7 night cruise

bevtoy

bevs_toy
Camp Out!
Pitch your tent and breathe in the fresh ocean air. The stars are out and fun awaits! You've never camped like this before! (7-night cruises only)
(C & C'PD from Disneys Oceaneer Club online)

Anyone know the details of this event? Does my DD need anything special for this event?

Sorry can't help, but I must say when I saw the title I thought that DCL was doing limited edition pins.:lmao:

On the May repo cruise last year people (including many DISers) camped out all night to be in line for the pin sale one morning.

Sounds like a fun event. Hopefully someone just back from a 7 day will have more details.

My dd is interested in this also. It would be great to find out more about this.

This is actually an activity for the 8-12 yos in the lab. It is listed as a Glow Jam Under the Stars and is on deck 10. :) I just told DS about it & he wants to do it too.

Dang, am trying to find my daughter's kids navigator from last week. She is 11. But I am pretty sure I don't recall any evening camp out for this age group. Although I remember reading about it before we cruised. If I find it, I'll post back again. My DD never went to any of the evening programs.

BTW, for the person who posted about sleeping out to get pins on the Repo cruise... at one event last week while we were waiting for a show to start, they were taking "questions from the audience" and someone asked "what's the weirdest thing that you've ever seen happen on the ship".... the answer was "people sleeping out all night in the hallways in a line that went from Rocking Bar D to the Promenade lounge... to get the repo cruise pins"...LOL

I was hoping they provide the tents, and was curious if anyone else has had a child who tried this and how they liked it.

There wont be any tents. They wont be out there all night. It's more like an hour or so for the activity.

As a counselor that works on the ship, I am currently on vacation from the Disney Magic. The camp out is an activity that the 8-12 year olds do in the Oceaneer Club. The decorate the club like a big tent and make it like your sitting around a (pretend) camp fire and tell scary stories, play camping games. It's actually really neat. It's the one time that the 8-12 year olds get to be in the club. It's actually really fun and all the kids like it. Camp out used to only be on either the western or eastern cruise, I can't remember right now which one it was. I worked in the 5-7 year old group.
Glow jam is something competely different. Glow jam is out on the basketball court where they do activities with these special glow sticks and balls and have a mini dance party. It used to be on pirate night so they could also watch the fireworks.

Hopefully that answers your questions. If I find out more information I will let you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter