Camp Fire?

Rland8228

DIS Veteran
I am not sure if I saw this awhile back but do they have fire pits or anything at the campsites. Are you allowed to bring your own?

As has been posted many times herein, there are no fire pits or fire rings in the campground except the two at the meadows campfire. You may bring your own provided it conforms to the rules, no open or mesh top, just a solid top with mesh sides. Also no tiki lamps or other open fires allowed. (Although citronella candles are sold at the two trading posts and seem to be allowed.) There are also times when any site fires are banned, times of high fire danger. For your private fires, wood is supposed to be locally procured to minimize the danger of insect infestation.

It's a shame someone doesn't rent these out to Fort campers. I know I'd rent one :)

Yes, rental of approved fire pits would make a lot of sense! A nearby state park at the shore doesn't have fire rings at the sites and requires you to bring your own, but they do rent them at the camp office as well.

I know storage of them would be an issue, but we have one that folds down into a little case and is "disney legal" with a solid cover and screen sides.

Or, they could just add legal fire pits, especially at the premium sites. I'm thinking a lot more people would appreciate a fire pit and if given a choice, would choose one over a grill.

I really wish they did. Because we had such a short trip we really didnt get a lot of time to get to enjoy the campground as we were kinda running around doing everything at wildwood. I really want our next trip to be just enjoying the campground with a nice fire to roast marshmallows and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter