Camera Straps and Slings Question

colbyseider

Earning My Ears
All,

After searching this board for some suggestions, I have narrowed my search down to one of two straps:
BlackRapid Curve, or
BlackRapid Metro

I visited a local camera shop where I intend to purchase my selection and I found I did not like the straps and slings from other manufacturers.

So herein lies the question: What is the difference between the two slings? According to one source, the Metro is for lighter equipment and use and the Curve is meant for more professional or "prosumer" uses (heavier cameras, more frequent use, among other things).

Has anyone purchased one or both and can give a practical description of them.

BTW, I will need to purchase the Burt extender as neither sling is long enough to put the camera where I want it to be while not in use. I believe both slings accept the extender.

Thanks in advance!

Colby

I have the curve and like it. It seems well built. Pay special attention to how you mount it to the camera as you don't want a failure. I also used a separate tether strap.

When traveling light, I mostly use a sling/shoulder bag along with a camera wrist strap instead of the BlackRapid. This way I don't have to carry a backpack for lens changes. I own one of these.

images

When traveling light, I mostly use a sling/shoulder bag along with a camera wrist strap instead of the BlackRapid. This way I don't have to carry a backpack for lens changes. I own one of these.

images

Agree wholeheartedly with the Blackrapid wrist strap and sling bag. I use the Lowepro 202. Works great in the parks.

I have the Metro and love it :) I don't use it as much as I intended to when I bought it because I usually also carry a backpack, and backpack + sling is very awkward..... Now I use the BR backpack strap which attaches to the backpack straps. VERY awesome if you ask me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter