Camera strap

I loved my black rapid RS-4 with my DSLR, so much so that I held on to it when I downsized cameras. Unfortunately I don't find it hangs as comfortably with my new camera (Sony NEX). Anyone want a deal on a lightly used RS-4 strap? :D

I use the Kata Reflex E strap and really like it. Besides the super comfortable neoprene strap, I like the hook/ring setup for detaching the neck strap.

I use the op/tech pro loop strap and love it. It distributes the weight and makes the camera feel lighter.
http://www.amazon.com/1503372-Strap-cameras-binoculars-neoprene/dp/B001CNPGV2

I can wear it cross body but it wears a little high on my torso. There is a utility strap by them though. I haven't tried it out but I did do a little research as I plan to buy it for my next trip. The original strap has a quick release system and the loops come off and you can buy just the cross body adapter strap on ebay for around $10. Then you essentially have two types of straps to switch out when you want for around $30. http://cgi.ebay.com/OpTech-1301242-System-Connectors-Sling-Strap-Adapter-/360373022245?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item53e7e7ee25

Rs-4 for me. I have a D5000 w/grip and tamron 18-270 lens. The RS4 has 2 zippered pockets that currently hold 2 extra batteries, remote, 8 sd cards, ipad sd card reader, iphone4, and remote battey. Most importantly its very comfortable.

I just wanted to report that I decided to go with the RS 4 strap. It arrived a couple of days ago and I have been trying it out and I have to say I really think I am going to like this strap.:thumbsup2

At least for me it is just so much more comfortable having the camera by my hip then having it hang in front of me.

I also want to say thank you again to all those who gave such good advice on my camera strap search:thanks:

I'll just throw my name into the BlackRapid RS-7 camp. I spent one day at the zoo with the strap that came with my Nikon D7000 and that was enough to convince me to spend the money on a good strap. I'd read good reviews of the RS-7 and while expensive, I have no regrets at all. It's SO much more comfortable!

I just wanted to report that I decided to go with the RS 4 strap. It arrived a couple of days ago and I have been trying it out and I have to say I really think I am going to like this strap.:thumbsup2

At least for me it is just so much more comfortable having the camera by my hip then having it hang in front of me.

I also want to say thank you again to all those who gave such good advice on my camera strap search:thanks:
Great to hear that you like it!

Thank you for this thread. I have a Mickey strap from the MK camera shop. Wearing the camera around my neck and hanging in front gets very uncomfortable for me by the end of a long day. I'm concerned that the extra weight since upgrading from a Canon Rebel XT to a Canon 60D is only going to make this worse.

I really like the look of the BlackRapid RS-7. Cross-shoulder with the camera at the hip or small of the back looks like it would be much more comfortable.

My only concern is my size. As they say here on the DISboards, I'm Pooh sized. At 5XLT, a strap made for "most photographers" isn't going to cut it for me.

I'm happy to see that BR offers the "Bert" mod, which is a 15" extension for the RS-7. One or two of these and the RS-7 should work for me. I can't seem to find a specification on the BR web site that indicates the diameter of the RS-7 when fully extended, so I don't know how many "Berts" I'll need.

Would anyone with an RS-7 be willing to use a tape measure on it and let me know how big it is?

Thanks!

I would recommend you call BR. I have called them on several occasions and they have been more than helpful.

The strap that came with the 7D was one of the worst I have ever felt.
I just bought an Optech strap. The load feels alot better now.

The strap that came with the 7D was one of the worst I have ever felt.
I just bought an Optech strap. The load feels alot better now.

Amen. I agree completely with that- the strap was horrible.
I use crumpler.

I love my black rapid for women! Never been a fan of cross body straps or bags but this feels great. I love the clips to hold it from swinging too far back.

@ BirdsofpreyDave :

OK here's my situation. I'm a 3XL kind of guy and I have an RS-7 with a bert extender. I've actually got the strap shrunk down a bit to fit properly. My DW and I find the bert an AWESOME option - when she wants to use the strap, we just pop the bert out, and *shazam* the RS-7 is the perfect length for her. I know there are special BR straps for ladies but this seems comfy enough for the DW.

So.... let me perform an experiment:

with bert, fully extended, the RS-7 is 38" long (i.e. 76" total length).
without bert, you're lookin' at 30.5" (61" total length... guess you could have figured that out on your own given the bert's 15" long lol)

Oh and i just realized I could say that I wear the RS-7 at 32".. plenty of room to open it up... I'd bet one bert would be fine :)

Hope that helps!

You need nothing else. Everything comes with the strap. The ConnectR-2 is on the strap and the FasterR-3 goes on your camera body and/or camera lens. With the longer zooms with a tripod mount the connector goes on that mount. To keep from switching, just me, I bought extra FastenR-3's. The FastenR-3 is the new fastener and is much stronger than the older R-2.

I bought the RS 7. It came today.
I have it on the camera and I "think" it is going to be fabulous.

I may have a Crumpler for sale....;)

I have a 40" strap with extra neck pad from MyFunkyCamera.com. I wore it across my body the whole time except for those few rides where I had to stick it in my son's backpack. The strap is extra long, so it was very easy to carry the camera down on my side. Loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter