Camera on Aquaduck?

Some CMs are strict about this, others not so much. The one I asked said officially no, but he definitely gave the impression he wouldn't stop me. I opted not to anyway, even with a small waterproof videocamera.

There are several ride-thru videos from the pre-maiden voyage cruise that was all disney TAs, bloggers, and media-types.

What is the reason for that rule? Just curious. I'd love to take my waterproof canon d10 on it.

What is the reason for that rule? Just curious. I'd love to take my waterproof canon d10 on it.

I believe it is because if you drop a camera (or anything else for that matter) out of the raft, it triggers the sensor and will stop the ride, causing it to go down for a bit (water stops and a CM has to walk through it to check it out).

The rule says no loos objects which cameras fall into that category and I could see someone drop on going up the hill and it falling out of that open sport in the tube and hitting someone in the head. pirate:

I didn't think anything of it on our cruise in August and shot a video using my Olympus WP camera because I had seen other ones on-line. It never occurred to me that this might not be allowed.:confused3 Of course I had the strap around my wrist so it couldn't be dropped out of the tube.

Thank you! I'll play it by ear I guess...Just wanted to bring a waterproof disposable one to get a pic of my daughter going on and maybe one shot inside...we'll see how it goes.

They did not care in June when we where there. Saw several people with cameras on the duck with no problem. The rule does specifically say no, at some point I guess they will start to enforce it.

I was on the Dream last week and asked if I could record the ride with my waterproof camera. I was not given any problem at all and recorded a few rides (both day and night). I would make sure it is a waterproof camera, as it is likely to get wet.

When I rode the Duck in January I had to hang on to the raft with both hands....how do you guys work your camera while holding on??? LOL!!!

MJ

In August, I was told no by the CM at the beginning of the line. He stated that it was for my safety as well as not to damage the slide if dropped. I had a tight fitting wrist strap, but that didn't convince him. He said only head strap and helmet cameras were allowed. So, I agree it's all in the CM, your mileage may vary!

I always have a neck strap so my camera is always ready, I hope it's allowed I'd love to get a shop of DD on it. I've been on the slides at Atlantis with it.

There was a guy next to me in line and the CM told him that he could not bring it because if it fell the sensors would get tripped. He put it in his pocket to ride on the ride. I'm not sure if he then took it out to take a picture after the ride started.

we bought an olympus waterproof camera especially for this cruise and i am going to bring it on the aquaduck unless someone tells me not to.

I didn't even think that it would not be allowed. I took it on my August 28 cruise and had it out the whole time I was on line. We took several pictures on the Aquaduck. It is a waterproof Olympus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter