Camera confusion

Just an update on our camera dilemma,
We returned both cameras today as we were able to pick up an Olympus
Omd-em5 twin lens kit for $880 AUD, about $770USD, one of our major department stores had it on sale as a clearance item for $1100 and then had 20% off that price if we spent $50 on accessories.:cool1:
So we bought it, DH is currently working out how to use it:rolleyes1

That is an awesome price!!! Did it come with the 14-42 or 12-50 lens? I paid full price for mine almost 2 years ago and I love it! There's a new firmware update for the camera that adds a couple of features that the EM-1 and EM-5 have and be sure to enable the super control panel. With that you can easily change all the settings you most often use without diving into the menus. Have fun!

I just got a canon powershot SX510 and am at Disney now using it.

Takes good pictures and here are the plus for me:

It's small and light

Video is HD

Very wide zoom range in 35mm equivalent is 24mm to 720mm

Canon powershot SX series are long telephoto zooms.

Just an update on our camera dilemma,
We returned both cameras today as we were able to pick up an Olympus
Omd-em5 twin lens kit for $880 AUD, about $770USD, one of our major department stores had it on sale as a clearance item for $1100 and then had 20% off that price if we spent $50 on accessories.:cool1:
So we bought it, DH is currently working out how to use it:rolleyes1

Congratulations and welcome to the world of micro 4/3! Don't forget to post some photos on the micro 4/3 sharing thread.

Thanks guys,
Pugrpooh, the lenses are the 14-42 and 40-150, as we got such a good price and saved so much we have decided to buy a better lens prior to our next holiday, we have no idea where to start, but thinking we need a lower Light lens, for our daughters Cheerleading comps, she will be competing at ESPN and also World showplace pavilion at Epcot.
We then have a year to decide on a lens for aurora borealis:confused3
Bobquincy it might be a while before we can put a photo up on the 3/4 thirds board, yesterday I played with taking 3d photos of my foot:lmao:
My DH was playing with the camera and at one point the screen went off and we could only see through the viewfinder, checked out the terrible instruction manual without any help, after about 15minutes, DH found a little button next to the viewfinder, he must of inadvertently knocked it and it turned the screen off.
To say we have a lot to learn is an undertstatement:rotfl2:
I'm glad we have two months to learn the basics before our holidays.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a low light lense, that is reasonably priced, happy to listen to recommendations.

For a micro 4/3 low light lens it is hard to beat the Panasonic/Leica 25 f/1.4, unfortunately at $500+ it is kind of expensive. Panasonic's 20mm f/1.7 and Olympus 25 f/1.8 are both about $400. :( I have the P/L 25mm f/1.4 and it is a good low light lens.

A low cost option is an older manual focus 35mm lens with an adapter, a good used Canon (or Nikon, Minolta, etc.) 50mm f/1.8 and adapter could be less than $100! Remember that a 50mm lens has the field of view of a 100mm on micro 4/3 but it makes a nice portrait lens.

The olympus 45/1.8 is reasonably priced and is a nice portrait length for any lowlight work in the parks.

Olympus also makes an excellent 17/1.8 for a bit wider perspective.

Personally use primes for low light.....but there are a few nice (and pricey) zooms in the 12-35/40 range as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter