Camera cases through bag check?

kristytru

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
If I carry my camera in its case on a lanyard, do I still have to go through bag check at the parks?

If it's a bag, it has to be checked. All sizes.

Yep! I had a very tiny wristlet (about 3"x4") on one day and thought I could go through the line for people without bags. Nope, they stopped me and sent me through the bag check line (like a weapon could have fitted in that tiny wristlet, NOT!!:rolleyes1 ). All it had in it was a $20.00 bill, my KTTW card, and my AP. If I had had pockets that day, it would have easily fit in my pocket.

I didn't have to go through bag check even once. I carried my small digital camera in it's case with the neck strap threaded through the opening of the case. I would simply pull the camera out and show the empty case at the no bag line. I also had an boarding pass type wallet that was clear and they could see my id or tickets in the pocket. They always waved me through the non bag check. This was Dec 27, 2007 - Jan 8, 2008

No, at all parks two weeks ago, I went through the no bag check and they just asked me to pull my camera out and was able to pass through without issue and wait.

The trick is to stuff your camera (case & all) into a pocket. If you can do that, you can go through the "no bag" line. Yes, it is silly.

Alot of times may depend on who the CM is. The stupidest time we ever had to go back through the bag check line was on our fifth trip to WDW. I had taken my then 8 y/o GD down there for a GM-GD get away and had an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at AK. As we were leaving AK to go to it, for some reason I had it in my head that it was outside the bag check line, but wasn't sure. I walked up to the guy at the 'no bags' line and just stepped across next to him to ask him how to get into the RFC. He pointed off to the right and I turned to walk over there when he stopped me and told me that since I had crossed over the line that I had to go back through the bag check line. Excuse me, he saw me walk up and even spoke as I approached him (coming out of AK), my GD was still on the AK side and I was standing exactly on his imaginary line. He said that since my toes had left the park that I had to go back through the bag line in order to reenter to go to RFC. Since he had seen me coming out of AK and since I never completely crossed his imaginary line leaving the 'secured area' I thought it was really stupid to make me go out and then back in.

Alot of times may depend on who the CM is. The stupidest time we ever had to go back through the bag check line was on our fifth trip to WDW. I had taken my then 8 y/o GD down there for a GM-GD get away and had an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at AK. As we were leaving AK to go to it, for some reason I had it in my head that it was outside the bag check line, but wasn't sure. I walked up to the guy at the 'no bags' line and just stepped across next to him to ask him how to get into the RFC. He pointed off to the right and I turned to walk over there when he stopped me and told me that since I had crossed over the line that I had to go back through the bag check line. Excuse me, he saw me walk up and even spoke as I approached him (coming out of AK), my GD was still on the AK side and I was standing exactly on his imaginary line. He said that since my toes had left the park that I had to go back through the bag line in order to reenter to go to RFC. Since he had seen me coming out of AK and since I never completely crossed his imaginary line leaving the 'secured area' I thought it was really stupid to make me go out and then back in.

LOL That is funny! The silly rules people make up:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter