Camera Batteries

Tinkerbells2000

Disney Mom of 4
Not sure if this is the right board to post this too, but I was wondering for those with digital camera's, what kind of batteries do you use? I have rechargable, but it seems like even those loose their charge fast. I don't want to have to take a case of batteries into the park. Just wondering if anyone has better luck with one kind than the other?

I use the Energizer batteries with the rapid charger. I keep an extra set with me just in case but have never had to use them. Each night I recharge the set that stays in my camera.

My camera takes 4 AA batteries. I use 2300mah rechargeables and they hold up for about 300-400 shots before I have to recharge them.

If your digital camera uses AA batteries, buy rechargeables that are 1800mah or greater. They'll last longer. Just check on the packaging and it should tell you the strength of the batteries.

Try using the viewfinder more instead of the LCD screen. Your batteries will last longer between charges, because the LCD takes up a lot of power. Also, if the camera has a power saving mode, use it.

Buy 3 sets of rechargeables if possible, then you'll have a set in the camera, 1 set on the charger, and another set in your backpack/fanny pack/camera bag just in case you need to change batteries in the park.

I have used rechargables for years and they hold up longer than regular batteries but I found out about a battery recently that worked WAY better! I found out by accident because on our last trip I had forgotten to throw the "charged" batteries in my little backpack we took with us to the park... you guessed it- my batteries went dead in the middle of the day. I purchased lithium batteries (expensive $15 for 4pk of AA) at a store inside one of the stores in Epcot and I tell you... I'm still on the same first pair of AA I put in the camera and that was like June 19th (our trip ended the 23rd but I use it at lot at home also). They really do last longer for digi cameras!

Just thought I'd mention that- you can probably find them cheaper at home before your trip though. They told me those batteries last longer in digi cameras- but I wasn't sure I believed them at first. Now I'm a believer. LOL

I will not buy a camera that does not use AAs. It can save the day when in a pinch. If your camera takes a special battery, you will probably not be able to buy one at the parks. Even if you could, it would cost a fortune. They are usually around $50 from discount stores, so I can only dream at the price Disney would charge.

AAs also gives you many choices. There are rapid chargers that take 15 minutes, up to 2500 mah batteries, lithium disposables, etc. If you have the time, use a slow charger(8 hour or so) instead of a rapid one because you will get a more complete charge. The rapids go to about 80% of capacity while the slow go to around 95%. If you have the radid charger, remember to bring it with you in the parks. Makes a good excuse to take a much needed 15 minute break!

I have 2500 mah Energizers and usually get around 450 shots per charge with a slow charger. Be careful with lithiums and read your documentation. Supposedly they can damage some cameras and void the warranty. I doubt that will really happen, but better to be safe than sorry when talking about a $300-$1000 piece of electronics.

we use the generic rayovac or whatever that you get at walmart. we went through 8 batteries in 9 days and took 237 pictures

ukcatfan said:
I will not buy a camera that does not use AAs. It can save the day when in a pinch. If your camera takes a special battery, you will probably not be able to buy one at the parks. Even if you could, it would cost a fortune. They are usually around $50 from discount stores, so I can only dream at the price Disney would charge.
Ditto!

I've had really good luck with the AA batteries that are specially made for digital cameras. They last a *lot* longer than regular AAs. On my last Disney trip, I took about 300 pics, using the LCD monitor the entire time, and only had to change batteries once.

i use the enegizer e2...they last for a pretty long time for a digital camera....i just bring lots of them. My rechargables dont last very long so i dont use them any more.

I just use the rechargable batteries that came with my camera. My camera is fairly new and I find the batteries last a long time before needing a charge. I think as they get older they die faster so maybe a new set of your batteries would hold the charge longer???

I charged my camera once during our 8 night trip in May and took over 500 pictures (not counting the ones I deleted) using the display screen for all of them.

We did go in the camera store in MK though because we were having trouble with our camcorder and I was impressed with the selection of different camera batteries, etc. that they had. Of course they are pricey, but so worth it if its the difference between having pics of your trip or not having any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter