Camera Advice??!!

emma.rodz

Earning My Ears
I have the Kodak Slice.. Pretty nice camera to say the least.. Anyway, I have one 4GB microSD card along with one battery. I can take 1122 10MP pictures (the camera is actually 14MP) or 29 minutes of 720HD video.. For being a big fan of photography, and going to DW from June 6 to June 10 of this year, I am freaking out. I do not know if I will have enough memory or battery to last the whole day.. I also don't want to go all out on buying stuff for my camera, but I think I might have to do that. So, I guess I want people's experiences involved with picture taking at DW, and to give me advice about panic attacks for photography.. Thanks in advance for your input!!

Why freak out? Estimate what you think you'll need, then double it.

Memory is cheap. Much cheaper when you can shop around online at home that it would be to buy it at Disney!

I have the Kodak Slice.. Pretty nice camera to say the least.. Anyway, I have one 4GB microSD card along with one battery. I can take 1122 10MP pictures (the camera is actually 14MP) or 29 minutes of 720HD video.. For being a big fan of photography, and going to DW from June 6 to June 10 of this year, I am freaking out. I do not know if I will have enough memory or battery to last the whole day.. I also don't want to go all out on buying stuff for my camera, but I think I might have to do that. So, I guess I want people's experiences involved with picture taking at DW, and to give me advice about panic attacks for photography.. Thanks in advance for your input!!

Can you just buy 1 or 2 spare microSD cards? Aren't they tiny enough that they shouldn't take that much extra room in your camera bag? Plus, they're cheap enough that it shouldn't make a huge dent in your budget (maybe $10 or less?).

Oh, and buy a spare battery, too.

Agreed the prices on cards are awfully cheap nowadays - I can't see any reason to panic too much. I picked up an 8GB Sandisk Micro-DSHC card for my cellphone last month for $12...that would give you a total of 3x the capacity, including your current 4GB card. For $24, two of them would jump you up to 5x total capacity. That isn't much - certainly not 'going all out' buying stuff for your camera...yes, it does cost a little cash, but for most people I'd imagine a $12 investment won't break the bank or be considered going overboard.

Another option would be if you have a netbook, laptop, iPod, iPad, iPhone, or Smartphone with its own memory, consider using that to back up your photos from the card, or load the photos to the new device so you can blank the card and start shooting again. You can always make additional copies of the photos to a flash drive, CDR, etc if bringing any form of harddrive-based device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter