Camel & Mexican Outback Adventure (CL24)

MousseauMob

DIS Veteran
Any details, impressions, or information you can provide on Camel & Mexican Outback Adventure is appreciated.

We absolutely loved this port adventure. Our tour guide was very fun and the camel ride on the beach was beautiful albeit a bit uncomfortable just because they are soooo wide! After the ride the nature hike was very informative and then there was a buffet lunch and all the tequila you wanted. They had photographers with us for the camel ride and the prices for the photo packages were very reasonable. We didn’t partake in the food or drink, but really enjoyed the rest of the experience. Definitely a unique experience especially if you love animals!

Hope this helps!

Aby

Thanks. If you don't mind me asking why didn't you partake in the food or drink? Also, how far out of the port is this? Does it seem very far out / off the beaten path?

We aren't very adventurous eaters and we enjoy big breakfasts on the ship, so we just skipped the meal. For the tequila, we can hardly handle wine and coolers so we thought it best to skip that part too!

My notes say that we took a 15-20 minute drive on a bus and then transferred to an open air ATV for another 5 minute drive before we arrived. Definitely seemed like it was off the beaten path - but that was great - quiet, beautiful and mostly undisturbed nature. There was no-one around except our tour group and the guides & workers. Here are a few pics:

25409275178_7fee910519_z.jpg

Last edited:
We did this excursion a few years ago, and it was the best organized of any shore excursion I've ever done. The guides were courteous and informativel, and each component of the excursion happened exactly as scheduled, practically to the minute, and covered exactly the places and activities as advertised. The camel ride was a first for us and was a lot of fun. Food at the open-air buffet lunch was delicious and plentiful. Highly recommended.

We did this excursion a few years ago, and it was the best organized of any shore excursion I've ever done. The guides were courteous and informativel, and each component of the excursion happened exactly as scheduled, practically to the minute, and covered exactly the places and activities as advertised. The camel ride was a first for us and was a lot of fun. Food at the open-air buffet lunch was delicious and plentiful. Highly recommended.
Do the camels sit down when you try to get on? We are booked for the Feb 2019 WBPC..and have booked this excursion for us old folks age 74 and 73.

Do the camels sit down when you try to get on? We are booked for the Feb 2019 WBPC..and have booked this excursion for us old folks age 74 and 73.
Honestly, I don't remember whether the camels knelt. I'm thinking we climbed a few steps onto a wooden platform and got on from there. It wasn't difficult or strenuous or anything. If you're average on the able-bodied scale, you can do it with no problem.

To get on the camels, we walked up stairs to a wooden platform and they walked the camels up to so they were right next to and almost even with us. Getting on wasn't difficult, but I wasn't sure how I'd ever get off again because of the awkward angle - thankfully the guides were great and figured out how to peel me off. Not the most comfortable experience, but still loved every minute of it!

Aby

Are there bathroom stops in between the different portions of the excursion?
We are seniors but so looking forward to this adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter