Came across this article from an average guest

I'm part of the spreadsheet with multiple tabs club. It is beneficial to do all that planning (and sometimes fun when things all work). I enjoy my trips! But I've never experienced this "without a hitch" thing you are talking about. I am envious. :)

Granted, our last trip was a few years ago, so there may be a little revisionist history going on here. But, the bottom line was that the prior planning allowed us very minimal lines and thus a more enjoyable experience. :D

But this negates the fact that there is "basic supply and demand" for the world's most popular restaurants, and yet every single one of them manages just fine with reservation systems that range from 30-90 days, with 90 being rather rare. Do all of these restaurants have superior organizational skills compared to Disney? Are they in any way hampered in "ordering supplies" as one previous post suggested was the reason for the long lead time? It also ignores the fact that WDW actually did use a 90 day system for a decade and the restaurants did not come to a grinding halt. I understand what you are saying, but take a look at your post written slightly differently and see if it becomes any more or any less true depending on what number you insert:
  • So, although it is tough to make dining 60 days out, it is because of the basics of supply and demand.
  • So, although it is tough to make dining 90 days out, it is because of the basics of supply and demand.
  • So, although it is tough to make dining 120 days out, it is because of the basics of supply and demand.
  • So, although it is tough to make dining 365 days out, it is because of the basics of supply and demand.
Correct. I meant my point to be that whatever timeframe Disney inserts....whether it is months or days...there will be a queue of people waiting to pounce on those reservations.

I was also pointing out that it isn't "just Disney" where trip planning is hard. Popular destinations, restaurants, sporting events, hotels, etc can fill up as soon as their "booking window" opens.

IF a traveler wants to eat at popular TS restaurants or get a FP+ for the most popular rides or even stay at the most desired hotels, pre-planning is needed. However, a last-minute, spontaneous trip to the World is still possible and enjoyable. Just adjust your expectations and find your own "favorites" - away from the crowds!

However, a last-minute, spontaneous trip to the World is still possible and enjoyable. Just adjust your expectations and find your own "favorites" - away from the crowds!

THAT is key. Whenever I go to DW I anticipate the crowds. I anticipate issues. You have to know when you cut your losses and try again later.

I'll be making our FP+ reservations tonight after work. I've done my prep work & know what I want. I understand I need to try for the most difficult ones first and schedule them for later in our trip. Still, I'm a bit anxious. I get off work at 10 pm & my window opens at 11:01. Already warned DW I will likely be stressed! Thankfully, tomorrow is my day off, so being up late is no bother.

As far as ADRs, I had my travel agent do that. She got almost everything I wanted (even Cindy's & BOG). The one thing she missed, I was able to secure later. I've since made a couple changes, but the whole process was stress-free for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter