camcorders: which events to record?

jwmccullough

Earning My Ears
Greetings all!
My family and I are within a month of a return to WDW. Recently I spoke with my Grandmother, who expressed disappointment that should would not be able to go, so I have decided that I would take home movies and mail back to her every day or two. My personal restrictions are that I have a DVD camcorder that can only record up to a 30 minutes per disk. So my question to you, the forum experts is this: which events, if I am even allowed to, should I record? I have a personal preference for the Carousel of Progress and the American Adventure. but I have also been considering Fantasmic, Wishes and Lion King. Any helpful tips on best places to record would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!
Jess

I have a similar camera, but no worries, it can be done. You seem to be on the right track, but I would also suggest some live acts. Perhaps the Voices of Liberty? Just be sure that you don't get so wrapped up in filming something that you forget to really watch it for yourself too. ;)

They announce on Carousel of Progress that you aren't allowed to videotape. But that's the only one I can remember them announcing that. If I were videotaping Wishes I think I would try to get up fairly close to the castle so you could get the castle with the fireworks behind it.

Definately Fantasmic, but also any personal things you think she would like, or what you would like to remember. Also take a quick film, maybe only a couple of seconds, of the park like walking down main street, Spaceship earth,etc. Also if there are any character interactions you really like. Another idea might be to film the highlight of your favorite rides but not the entire thing if you are short on time. An example might be only the Wizard of Oz section of the Great Movie Ride. The best thing to do might be to make a list of things you are interested in taping and allow a little time for those things you want to catch in the moment.

I like to video tape the shows and what ever rides are permitted, but what I like to tape most of is just the sites and sounds around WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter