Camcorder & Camera

Looby Loo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone :wave2:

Just over 2 weeks to go :cool1: and the suitcase is now out!! Would you advise putting a digital camera and a camcorder in your suitcase?? :confused3

What about the films (XD for the camera and mini DV for the camcorder)

NO NEVER all Electonics go on CARRY_ON only .Not only theft from airline personel but damage from handleing.

I have always put my videocamera in my checked luggage - I don't really have room in my carryon. (9 hours worth of entertainment in there already doesn't leave much space!)

I am not worried about it getting stolen or damaged really, as I pack it right in the middle. Am I being stupid?

Never ever put valuable items such as camcorders or digi cameras in your hold luggage it just isn't safe theft or damage wise. Also keep mini dv tapes and films for non digi cameras in carry on as they are priceless memories.
Claire ;)

Never really thought about the safety aspect of camera's in a suitcase. I always tape & photo everything from the second we set foot out of our front door so mine are always in carryon bag!

:flower:

Jodie

I always have my camera & camcorder in my hand luggage - have never put them in our suitcases.

I have always put my camera in my hand luggage as I would hate not to have it when I arrived if my case didn't turn up.

Films should never be packed into hold baggage.

The x-ray machines used to check hold baggage are far more powerful than those used for hand baggage and are likely to fog photographic film.

I agree hand luggage

Just be aware that you might be asked by security to demontrate that they are what they appear to be by switching them on :)

Definately hand luggage for me :) I would be so worried about not having a camera when I got there and even more worried about losing all my pictures on the return journey.

I have always put the camera and camcorder in the carry on luggage at least then you know it will be safe

Always carry on. If you are worried about the space issue, get a camera bag big enough for both, and take on in addition to your hand luggage. I take my camera and its lenses along with my nintendo and ipod in my camera bag.

I quite often have a carry on bag and a camera bag, and never have any trouble.

matt

I take far too much camera equipment, but not really a great deal of hand luggage.
I found the perfect solution for the last trip in September and that is the Lowepro Orion Trekker back.

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/classic/Orion_Trekker.aspx

This is a very compact rucksack that easily accomodates your basic hand luggage needs as well as having suitable storeage for camera and equipment in a seperate compartment.
It is pretty well padded and I got my Fuji ditial camera, Sony video camera, all batteries, blank mini DVD's and memory cards in with ease.
Everything is very well protected and it travelled with ease.

I used the bag every day in the parks and it was a very useful way to carry the stuff round as well as having a suitable amount of space to carry basic day-pack stuff (drinks, tickets etc).

Ironically, I may have one of these for sale soon, as I have received one as an introductory gift.

Oooops. This is the one I have...........

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/classic/Orion_Trekker_II.aspx

But this is the one I will be selling........

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/classic/Orion_Trekker.aspx

Boss Hogg said:
There is a coincidence, I've also got a Lowepro
Now, that is a coincidence. Let me see, there must be all of...what...three camera bag manufacturers? ;)

I always put them in my hand laugage, We must of filmed everything last time so i am really not sure if the camcorder will be coming this time have to see because i am the one left filming great to watch it back but i would love to just relax and see it without missing bits getting camcorder out.

The other good thing about having the camera in your hand luggage, is that you can take pics on board and out of the windows. Here are a few I took coming into Washington in April. The eagle eyed among you will be able to spot the Washington Monument in the last one...

dis-post-2.jpg

dis-post-1.jpg

dis-post-3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter