• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Calling to see if a PIN is attached to your name??

momof2chipmunks

Mouseketeer
I have read that some people call Disney to see if there is a PIN attached to their name. I'm a little confused. When I received my PIN last year it came through my email. So, if I did have a PIN attached to my name, shouldn't I have received notification via snail mail or email??? I am planning another trip later this year and have not gotten a PIN yet. Should I be calling regularly to see if there is a PIN attached to my name?? TIA

I have gotten pins before on emails and post cards but if I am planning a trip and I see others post about pins I do call and see if I have the same offer. Most of the time I do. I know they have my adress and email and I have no idea why they don't send the offer if they intend you to have it but frequently they don't. I don't just call regularly though I only call if I hear about a particular pin I could use. I just did this a few days ago and sure enough I did have a pin I could use and it improved my savings beyond the AAA rate I already had booked.

I called about a pin I had but could not use and asked if there were any others. I did have another one I could use but I never received an e-mail about it :confused3

I called to book my dates for Oct and had a PIN attached to my name for all four types of resorts. The only notification I had ever received was a 20% off Value PIN when I ordered the 2010 planning DVD. I've seen a number of others stating that they had PINs in their name but had not received notifications either.

My question is do I just call the reservation number? Second do they get annoyed when someone just calls to ask about a pin?

I called yesterday to see if I had a pin. All I had was one through June for hotel discounts. Not what I was looking for as we are going in early December. I was told to call back as it gets closer.

My question is do I just call the reservation number? Second do they get annoyed when someone just calls to ask about a pin?

Yes you call that number and some do get annoyed and some don't. Most are nice and look for you.

I called today (about 2 months since i called last) out of curiosity, since last time I had the PIN for the room only discounts thru 6/3...

And lo & behold, I had the coveted PIN that goes through December ;D So, I will be booking this week.

And for the record, I have not gotten either by email or snail mail!!

Well this is entertaining...I just called because I have received pin codes to both my married name and my maiden name. In looking through my email trash I have found both of them... however the girl that just looked them up for me told me that neither of my names exist in their computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter