Calling New Englanders looking for camping suggestions for New England beach areas?

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
Hope allowed here, Yes WDW our fav but regularly do Jersey shore, DE or MD beaches and want to go to New England area. We love quaint towns and campgrounds close or on beach, are there any? Any suggestions? We have ventured that way before but always find it hard to find places. PS: Have done Provincetown area but they have had a small Covid cluster so staying out of there for now.

I'm a former Mainer, my family and I used to camp at a Gray's Homestead campground, near Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Nice place and you could order cooked lobster and steamed clams to be delivered to your site. :)

There are several other campgrounds on Cape Cod not all the way out to Provincetown. Atlantic Oaks campground in Eastham is close to many great bayside and Atlantic side beaches (First Encounter Beach, Campground Beach on bay side... Nauset Light Beach, Coast Guard Beach, Marconi Beach on Atlantic Side). I know there are a few campgrounds not that far out on Cape as well. Growing up used to stay at Scusset Beach State Park campground at very start of Cape Cod just before crossing the canal which is right at the beach and on the canal. I think Fisherman's Memorial campground in Rhode Island is nice and close to RI beaches. Hammonasset in CT is state park campground at beach...very nice park but campground is large.

There is a state campground at Horseneck Beach here in Westport, MA. Being a state campground it's got about zero amenities. There is a dump and water station but no hookup sites. Generators are allowed until 10pm.

That being said, if you are lucky enough to get a site right along the water, it is absolutely amazing to walk out of your camper and be looking straight at the Atlantic. The overnight sea spray will get everywhere so be aware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter