Calling for member number......what is the issue with providing the number

r5moores

R5moores
Hi -

I'm already a DVC member and purchased another resale contract with a different UY so I will have a new member number for that contract. I found out today the transfer was completed and my paperwork went out in the mail today. I stated I already owned and asked if I could have the new member number as I need to book by Friday for the 60 day mark and I'd like to use the banked 2015 points on the new contract and not touch the points from my existing contract. Mind you, when I purchased my last contract in 2014 I was given the member number over the phone no problem. This time they won't budge. I nicely asked what the reason behind it was and I was advised for security purposes.

This makes no sense to me. I can provide them with the contract number, who the sellers first middle and last name the buyers (us) first middle and last name as well as provide my existing member id as proof of who I am. Heck, I can give you a breakdown of my many trips already taken under that membership number :o) Also, my email address is already on file with my other contract so what would be the big deal even emailing it to me.

I say this because how is mailing it to me via snail mail any securer? If someone else were to receiving it in error they now have the information to set up an acct etc if that is what they are worried about giving it out over the phone to the incorrect person.

I know it's not a major issue, I'm just not understanding the security reason behind it if I can give them whatever info they need to verify who I am.

Okay, I'm done.....these next few days are going to age me.... lol :crazy2:

Sad that we are treated so poorly but we keep giving them our money.

Did you talk to administration? Are the names the same on all deeds? Do you see a pull down added to your account on the web page?

Maybe they haven't added the new contract to your account yet. You should see the contract and a few days later the points.

Call back a few times and hope that you find a more helpful CM.

:earsboy: Bill

This is their way to drag out the resale purchase and make buying direct more appealing. Or it could be that they got tired of folks calling for member number when it was always stated that we'd get the number in the mail about 2 weeks after closing.

I can provide them with the contract number, who the sellers first middle and last name the buyers (us) first middle and last name as well as provide my existing member id as proof of who I am.
All of that can be found in public records.

Call your bank and ask them for your credit card number.

It's a safety precaution; both security and liability. They have to know that you are really you. They're give you access to a $xx,xxx asset.

Sure, you're willing to give them as much information as you can to verify your identity. But they don't have enough information yet.

All of that can be found in public records.

Call your bank and ask them for your credit card number.

It's a safety precaution; both security and liability. They have to know that you are really you. They're give you access to a $xx,xxx asset.

Sure, you're willing to give them as much information as you can to verify your identity. But they don't have enough information yet.

That makes sense. I didn't think about that being in public record, but my other member number from my first contract wouldn't be in public record and they already have my email address on file from my original contract so what harm would it be to email it to the email address linked to my first contract. But I do get what you are saying. And really, I wouldn't care about just letting process take its course but there have been two delays by Disney/DVC already. The first one was a three week delay with the previous owners Quit Claim deed on the OKW contract. Once three weeks had passed and they were contacted they "found" after Fed-EX proof that they had it. Then another 10 day delay after receiving all the closing docs/payments again saying they don't have the paperwork, again sent Fed-Ex proof and again magically found.....so all in all 31 days of delays on their end and only admitting to their error once proof was sent multiple times and all we got was oh, we sent it to the wrong department TWICE... They didn't offer to expedite my transfer after all their delays, we were told they process in the order they receive them. They received mine prior but decided they would process based on the date they "magically found" the paperwork. That was the only reason I asked if they could provide me with my member number now. They did verify that my account is set up, as well as my new membership number and all the points are loaded. Of course I can't see it since its a different use year I will need to add the new member id to my account to access them. So, now the waiting game for the number in the mail. I was advised I will receive three mailings. First a welcome package, then the member number and in about 2 months my new member id cards because surprise surprise they are running behind in sending out id cards, roughly 2 months behind.

Sad that we are treated so poorly but we keep giving them our money.

Did you talk to administration? Yes Are the names the same on all deeds? No, I added my son to this one, our first contract was my husband and myself. This is also a different UY so I knew it would require a new Member ID number anyway Do you see a pull down added to your account on the web page? Nope, I will have to add the new Member ID to the member account I already have once I receive it.

Maybe they haven't added the new contract to your account yet. I was told my transfer is complete, I do have a new member id already set up, but they will not provide it and that they have already finalized the transfer of points to the contract and they are available to use. So, basically once I receive that new Member Id and I link it I will automatically be able to see/use those points under the second Member Id. You should see the contract and a few days later the points.

Call back a few times and hope that you find a more helpful CM.

We have a couple of UYs but same names on contracts, both memberships are listed on one web account.

Thank you. If DVC adds the membership automatically, then what's the purpose of the "Add a Membership" option?

I don't know, I didn't use it. Maybe things have changed and they now want you to add it.

MS costs Disney money and reduces their profit so the more that members do for themselves, the more they like it.

Thank you. If DVC adds the membership automatically, then what's the purpose of the "Add a Membership" option?
That feature allows you to consolidate multiple memberships that aren't titled the same into one login account.

That feature allows you to consolidate multiple memberships that aren't titled the same into one login account.

Exactly. My parents added me as an associate on their membership, so I was able to add that to my existing account with that option. Of course, I then deleted it, make a new account, and add it to that one instead, but that's for an entirely different reason.

Exactly. My parents added me as an associate on their membership, so I was able to add that to my existing account with that option. Of course, I then deleted it, make a new account, and add it to that one instead, but that's for an entirely different reason.
What are the pros and cons of having another membership in a separate login account? Or in the same account? Also can one membership be in 2 accounts at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter