• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling CBR experts

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Currently, my ressies have the following requests: Mart uilding 26 or TN close to bus stop and pool.

However, after reading some other posts, I am concerned with buses. Would anyone recommend these changes?
Jamaica 45, 46 or Aruba 51 then Mart 26, 25, then TN 31

We will have DD (4) and a stroller, so the buses are a big concern. The pool is not that big a deal since each village has a pool of it's own and short walks are no big deal either. What does everyone recommend? Also, I think I may have a better chnce at getting the Jamaica or Aruba buildings since it seems most want to stay near OPR.

We were in Martinique 26 last Feb. and it is a great location. The bus stop is right behind the building! :D

I think they will do their best to accomodate your request, what time are you checking in? We checked in around 8:00 am and had our pick of whatever room we wanted. Then we came back later when it was ready. I truely believe that the early bird gets the worm. Especially at the moderate resorts because they are so popular. :cool:

Have great trip!

I stayed in Jamaica 45 last year the week of June 23-28. It was awesome. The bus stop was just a short walk away and we hardly ever waited more than about 20 minutes for any of the busses. The food court was about a 5 minute walk. The grounds are so pretty and there is so much to see you hardly notice the walk. I know some of the buildings are a pretty good hike, so depending if you have small children that might be a challenge. I can't remember which ones were the farthest away, but I think its www.wdwinfo.com has great maps of the resort. When we checked in we were able to basically ask for what we wanted. The woman came back with a room that was ready then 10:30am but at the time that section hadn't been renovated. We told her we'd rather wait for a renovated room and she came back with Jamaica 45. It was an upstairs corner, king room with a water view. Very pretty and quiet. Good luck and I hope you like the resort. Cathi

Wow, looks like you've done a lot of research into rooms. Just remember, requests are only requests, I hate to have someone start their vacation off on a bad foot because the room request was not granted.

Yes, CBR is very big, but we don't think it's that big of deal. Our last stay there (early June) we stayed in Jamaica 41. Yes, this was further from OPR than the other buildings, but it was closer to the bus stop. I just made reservations again at CBR and just had her note on the reservation that we would prefer Jamaica, no specific building, just because we like the walk over the bridge and island.

There are trade offs with every building. Some are further from OPR but closer to the bus stop. Just remember that if you were to walk the ENTIRE loop around the promenade it is less than 1.5 miles so even the furthest out (Trinidad South) is well under a mile to OPR and has it's own bus stop. CBR is beautiful and I hope you love it like we do, but don't obsess too much about specific buildings, unless you have serious mobility issues. In fact, our family learned to love the walk along the promenade and our kids were making up excuses to go to OPR just so they could cross the bridge to the island again.

In proportion to the amount of walking you'll do while on vacation, the difference between the different resort areas is very manageable for most people.

We were in TN 33 and the bus stop was right outside our door (practically). Not far from the food court/main pool.The rooms are great!!! So spacious and pretty, with lots of storage. The buses ran fine-don't worry!!! I don't think you can go wrong with Mart.26, but have some back-ups , just in case. The food court and main pool were nice, but we really liked the quiet pool better. If I ever stayed here again I would not count on the food court, but bring my own snacks/drinks and use the coffeemaker in the room. The walk can seem longer when it's HOT!!!! You will like the tranquility and peacefulness at this resort!!! The beaches w/hammocks are so nice (bring a towel to lay on the hammock-they get HOT!)

I have stayed in Jamacia 45 and 46. We had a stroller also and I have no complaints about the distance they were from the bus stop. Both were great and not far from the bus stop. I have not stayed in Martinique, so I really can't say that Jamacia is better. However, if you get there and you can't get Martinique then Jamacia is a great second choice. Hope this helps.

Just got back from CBR yesterday(June 17). We arrived late on the 9th and the only requests we got were non-smoking and 2nd floor. There were no available rooms in Martinique or TN. The wonderful CM who checked us in assured me that he was giving us a great room. We were in Aruba 54 with a courtyard view and the bus stop right behind us. It was fantastic. The rooms are beautiful with lots of storage spaces. It was only a short walk to the food courts across Parrot Cay Island. At the end of each day I was relieved over the short walk to our room. Aruba was also the 2nd stop ( most of the time) on the bus route. Any questions please ask.

DH and I stayed in Aruba 51, water view. Very short walk to bus stop. The bus service was great, never a long wait no matter where we were going.

As Mrs. P said, very pretty walk to OPR over bridge and across Parrot Cay Island. We loved the walk with the beautiful grounds and the Calypso music playing on Parrot Cay.

Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter