• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling Cat 1 cruisers - Walt Suite Bed Conversion

chmb1

Frequent Flyer
We were lucky enough to get a Category 1 for our upcoming cruise. With two couples sharing, is there any way to convert the two twin beds in one of the bedrooms into a double? We gave up our Cat 2 (with two queen beds) for the Cat 1 and I think I might regret it given the bed arrangement (or I might be the one sleeping in the twin!).

Thanks for any tips.

Chris

Yes you can, we did it on the 10/29/04 Magic cruise. The stateroom host need some convincing to do it, but once my husband started showing the stateroom host how the center part of the dresser could be removed and the item broken into to night stands, he then helped my husband move the 2 twin beds together. He didn't change the sheets that night, but the next day he put on Queen sheets and a bedspread. We also had our kids sleeping in the beds that dropped out of the celling. No problems at all. We took before and after pictures of the room...we haven't downloaded them to the PC yet, but if you want a copy send me a PM and I'll try to get them out to you this weekend.

Lynne

njfamily said:
Yes you can, we did it on the 10/29/04 Magic cruise. The stateroom host need some convincing to do it, but once my husband started showing the stateroom host how the center part of the dresser could be removed and the item broken into to night stands, he then helped my husband move the 2 twin beds together. He didn't change the sheets that night, but the next day he put on Queen sheets and a bedspread. We also had our kids sleeping in the beds that dropped out of the celling. No problems at all. We took before and after pictures of the room...we haven't downloaded them to the PC yet, but if you want a copy send me a PM and I'll try to get them out to you this weekend.

Lynne
I just posted this same question today. Any further insight you can give would be greatly appreciated. We will be on the Wonder in Dec 2005 in the Walt Disney Suite. Bella2000's conversion question Feb 1

We are going this weekend so I'll let you know how successful we are in getting the twins pushed together like njfamily did.

P.S. I am bringing the photographs she sent me to prove that it can be done!

Considering the amount of money you are parting with for a CAT 1...they should be more than happy to do that for you...OR...they can fly in a queen size bed..lol. Good luck and have fun
Jenn :wave:

chmb1 said:
We are going this weekend so I'll let you know how successful we are in getting the twins pushed together like njfamily did.

P.S. I am bringing the photographs she sent me to prove that it can be done!
Just curious whether there were any issues?

Bump

Hopefully chmb1 will see this thread is back to life, and can fill us in on his/her recent experience.

Bumping this as I'm in ned of a picture of this. Hopefully someone will find this thread? :cheer2:

OK. Here it is. You can convert the twin beds into one bed. Bring a slot screwdriver with you and you can do it yourself if no one wants to help you. The sides of the dresser can be separated and the beds push together. You will have to ask the stateroom attendant to change the sheets afterwards.

As it turned out we did not have to do this because there is a queen Murphy bed in the media room next to the master bedroom which we were unaware of. I do not know if it is the same in the Roy Site - we were in the Walt Suite.

Good luck!

chmb1 said:
OK. Here it is. You can convert the twin beds into one bed. Bring a slot screwdriver with you and you can do it yourself if no one wants to help you. The sides of the dresser can be separated and the beds push together. You will have to ask the stateroom attendant to change the sheets afterwards.

As it turned out we did not have to do this because there is a queen Murphy bed in the media room next to the master bedroom which we were unaware of. I do not know if it is the same in the Roy Site - we were in the Walt Suite.

Good luck!
Did you have one family in the master bedroom and another in the murphy bed/media area or was it all the same family? The pictures make it appear that the media room is just off of the master bedroom where you would need to walk thru the media room to get out of the master bedroom - is this accurate? Also in the second bedroom - are there the upper bunk/wall beds (don't know what they are called) but basically they pull down from wall but aren't on the floor like a murphy. I've seen pictures but have never been in a room that has this set up.
Thanks!!

Just a reminder----if housekeeping refuses to do something or mumbles about it, ask your concierge. They will get it done with a smile.

DG

Bella2000 said:
Did you have one family in the master bedroom and another in the murphy bed/media area or was it all the same family? The pictures make it appear that the media room is just off of the master bedroom where you would need to walk thru the media room to get out of the master bedroom - is this accurate? Also in the second bedroom - are there the upper bunk/wall beds (don't know what they are called) but basically they pull down from wall but aren't on the floor like a murphy. I've seen pictures but have never been in a room that has this set up.
Thanks!!
I can help with these answers...

The media room is directly next to the master. You can exit the media room in to the living room. You can exit the master through a door out into the hallway by the butler's pantry. In the second bedroom, there are 2 upper bunk beds. The second bathroom is MUCH smaller than the master bathroom, so if you're divying up between 2 families, 1 will take the short end of the stick in both closet space and bathrooms...

Hope this helps a little!

cotomom said:
I can help with these answers...

The media room is directly next to the master. You can exit the media room in to the living room. You can exit the master through a door out into the hallway by the butler's pantry. In the second bedroom, there are 2 upper bunk beds. The second bathroom is MUCH smaller than the master bathroom, so if you're divying up between 2 families, 1 will take the short end of the stick in both closet space and bathrooms...

Hope this helps a little!
Thank you! Trying to understand room size difference. We've only been in a cat 3. Is the second bedroom similar to the cat 3 bedroom or smaller?

I can send anyone pics of the Walt Suite on the Magic if you want to PM me. I took a video of the suite for family. I can pull out some pics from it. I got everything from the 2nd bedroom to the closets. I won't send the actual video since I am in my pj's doing it--but pics I can do.

I just turned on my pm option---haven't done it before so not sure I can do it--but I'll try. Unless someone can tell me how to post the pic here.

DG

Bella2000 said:
Thank you! Trying to understand room size difference. We've only been in a cat 3. Is the second bedroom similar to the cat 3 bedroom or smaller?
I'm sorry, but I don't know about the size in a cat. 3. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer???

Having stayed in both cat 1 (2/2005) and 3(10/2002), I would say that the 2nd bedroom in cat 1 is slightly smaller that the bedroom in cat 3.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter