Calling Card recommendations?

pxlbarrel

They won't allow any kind of cow
Has anybody got any recommendations as to which calling card I should buy while in the States? I want to be able to call home without having to take out a mortgage on my house.

Are there any cards out there I can get easily for something like 5 cents a minute with no extra charges attached (those bogus connection fees are the worst!!)

Hi ... I use Global. It has an 800 number and you can call Canada for 60 minutes at $4 a time. Global: No Fee
CARD INFO
- Toll free calling access
- No maintenance fees
- No hidden charges

www.thephonecardstore.ca

Its a great deal :)

Hello I dont think it is such a great deal.

Canada to Canada rate 8 Cents? Not such a good deal.

Calling From Calling To Denomination Rate per Minute Max. Minutes per Card
Canada/US - Toll-Free Canada-Ont & Que $ 5 8 ¢ 62
Canada/US - Toll-Free Canada-Ont & Que $ 10 8 ¢ 125
Canada/US - Toll-Free Canada-Ont & Que $ 20 8 ¢ 250

Canada to USA rate 9 cents? Not such a good deal.

Calling From Calling To Denomination Rate per Minute Max. Minutes per Card
Canada/US - Toll-Free USA $ 5 9 ¢ 55
Canada/US - Toll-Free USA $ 10 9 ¢ 111
Canada/US - Toll-Free USA $ 20 9 ¢ 2

Check out telesmt in google. 3.9 Cents USA and Canada

Could you tell me why you're spamming everybody? And your only posts are about your company? Did anybody else get a private message from this guy?

Are you driving down?

If so, I bought a card at the Florida welcome centre - I am sorry but I don't have the name but it was very "patriotic" looking. It gave you a choice - either a 49 cent connection fee and 1 cent per minute or I think it was 10 cents a minute with no connection fee. They came in $10 or $20 dollar increments.

Just remember if you are calling from your disney resort - there is a 75 cent charge to call out (including the 1-800 number to use the calling card).

There was just a post about this a few days ago - scroll down to Calling cards in US as it has very useful info. The best deal is the President's Choice card (run by Bell) as it is 4.3 per minute in Canada or US. There are no hidden fees or surcharges for calling from US or from a payphone. I've already used it in US and it is great!

Also, I believe the Florida Welcome Center is closing or has already closed, so not sure if that is still an option for cards.

Lastly, Disney does not always charge the .75 fee for using Calling Cards as we don't pay as DVC members.

Good luck with your decision, but we have lots of options (other than Bell Calling Cards which are way too high at .20 minute) here in Canada - especially President's Choice - so buying cards in US isn't really necessary - especially since many of them have hidden fees and surcharges.

Tiger

I just bought a President's Choice card today and it is 4.7cents per minute. They also had a Bell Canada card for 5cents per minute. Really weird when you consider PC is cheaper yet Bell is the provider. For $20. I get 425 minutes. I also used my PC points since I bank with them and use their MC and got it for free except for the taxes of $3.00

Best deal around.

Linda

pxlbarrel said:
Could you tell me why you're spamming everybody? And your only posts are about your company? Did anybody else get a private message from this guy?

I didn't get a message from him, but I've used them for many years! They are only 3.9 cents a minute.

Marilynn

nepean - That's weird about the price being 4.7 a minute because they are 4.3 here in Southwestern, ON (just used it), as well as on their website. It's even stamped on the card - I can't imagine they'd be charging different prices in different areas since the website is for use all over Canada - very weird. I would call the 1800 number and ask them about it. Also, the PC card let's you transfer an old balance to a new card, so you really get the full balance of each card. I just researched pretty much all cards and that's why I settled on this one as it's legitimately the cheapest that I could find.

It's also weird that when I checked the telesmt.com website as per above, it said 4.4 min., and not 3.9 as reported, so I was thinking it's because you get a discount for buying larger cards? If so, then that may be the cheapest for some people, but I have no experience with them, not even sure if they are available where I live, so for me, President's Choice is the one.

Good luck with all phone card choices, but bottom line, no more Bell Calling Cards at .20 min - yeah!!

Tiger

Hello Tiger

Where do you live? If you checked the telesmt website you were looking at rates from the united states. Go to the home page and select from country to country, and that will tell yeah the rate. Happy shopping.

Steven :cool1:

I highly recommend AT&T. I got one at Walmart or Target (can't remember which) and it works out very well calling from US to Canada and any other country overseas. It always worked and was very reasonable!

Well, the CiCi card I took with me to Orlando didn't work very well at all. It had some pretty bad glitches in it when I used the 1-800 number. The phone on the other end would ring but then I'd get an overlapping automated message telling me the phone was in use...meanwhile, the other end would be answering. It's hard to talk on the phone with the automated message repeating. I tried it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke but it did it both times. <sigh>

Virtually any card has a surcharge if you use a pay phone and many hotels have a charge if you use the phone in your room to call a tollfree number.

COSTCO, BJ's and Sams Club have about the best prices for calls within the US, not sure about calls to Canada.

Again, people really need to do their research as you will find that:

1) Not all cards have surcharges anymore - President's Choice does not (have already used many times in U.S. to Canada)

2) Many hotels do not have surcharges when calling 1800 numbers from hotel rooms - again, I don't pay any fees to use my calling card or phone card from Marriott, Hilton or Disney (again, much experience with doing this with no surcharges)

I really encourage people to do their research when deciding on what card to use - there is a lot of false information on this thread that a quick call to the calling/phone card customer service lines or websites would answer correctly.

Good luck to all, Tiger

Tiger926 said:
Again, people really need to do their research as you will find that:

1) Not all cards have surcharges anymore - President's Choice does not (have already used many times in U.S. to Canada)

2) Many hotels do not have surcharges when calling 1800 numbers from hotel rooms - again, I don't pay any fees to use my calling card or phone card from Marriott, Hilton or Disney (again, much experience with doing this with no surcharges)

I really encourage people to do their research when deciding on what card to use - there is a lot of false information on this thread that a quick call to the calling/phone card customer service lines or websites would answer correctly.

Good luck to all, Tiger

Hi Tiger,

I just checked the Telesmart website again. If you go the discount calling card area at the bottom of the rates section and type in where you are calling from and to it shows you that it's 3.99 cents a minute. I've never encountered problems using this card. Actually, it just a phone number I use.

Tiger is right, check them out before you purchase.

Marilynn

Hello,

I recommend picking up the calling cards before you leave Canada. My mom buys them from 7/11 before she leaves for the US and she gets a much better calling rate. I think when she buys the cards here she is charged for them at 3 or 4 cents a minute but the one she just picked up in the US is 8 cents a minute.

Unfortunately I don't know what kind of card she gets I just know she buys them at 7/11.

I just got back from Disney and used the PC card. 4.3 cents per minute and no service charges - this is the card I've been looking for for 2 years! I asked at POP about calling from the room and they told me that I would be charged 75 cents, no matter if it was an 800 number. Does anyone know different?

For call USA to USA i recoomend you use next calling card in that order - StarCall, CheapStreet, Saturn, Jupiter, Bizon, Cardinal.

bgula - Yes, anytime you use your resort phone at Disney, you are charged .75, even if calling 1 800 numbers. The only people who don't pay are DVC members as part of this is supplemented at our resorts.

Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter