Calling all Texans!

I've been waiting to book the Fall 2015 Panama Canal Cruise, and was pleasantly surprised to see it end in Galveston (30 minutes from home for me). But I'm surprisingly not enthusiastic about the remaining Galveston sailings despite having sailed with them 4 times when they were in Galveston before. :confused3

I've branched out to other cruise lines since getting hooked on Disney and am very optimistic about my upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise from Galveston. Enough so that I've booked 2 additional cruises including XMAS 2015 with my kids along (others are just DH & I). You'd think I'd be tempted to switch to Disney for XMAS 2015 instead but I suspect the Disney pricing won't be able to come near what I have on Royal and I really think Royal might work better for my 2 DS's who will be 19 & 16 (16 yr old will be allowed in the adult pool area on Royal).

I sailed with Disney from Galveston Thanksgiving 2012 & 2013. In 2012 we went to 2 Mexico ports and to Grand Cayman and the weather was nice & warm. 2013 went to Bahamas same as 2015 schedule and it was cool & windy (CC was essentially a rainout).

Now, if they'd done a cruise with a day to WDW (like the few 8 day ones in Spring 2013), I'd have seriously considered that! I'd gladly give up both Key West and Nassau for a day at WDW, but perhaps I'm in the minority on that.

In 2012 & 2013 the Thanksgiving cruises were much more reasonably priced than XMAS & New Years - still higher than other weeks but much less than XMAS holidays.

Good luck to all booking from Galveston. I'm eager to get Panama Canal TO Galveston reserved tomorrow!

So am I way off to assume that the pricing for the Xmas cruise will be roughly $6k for 2 adults, 3 children (13,11,6)?
This was on Scott's blog:
Galveston, Texas Sailings
November 2015 marks the return to Galveston, Texas for Disney Cruise Line as the Wonder will begin sailing a myriad of Western Caribbean and Bahamian sailing ranging from four to seven-nights. All of the Bahamian cruises include calls at Disney’s Castaway Cay! Rates start at $948 per person for four-night cruises, $1,116 per person for six-night cruises and $945 per person for seven-night cruises departing from Galveston for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.
The prices may be different tomorrow but maybe that'll give you an idea...

I've been waiting to book the Fall 2015 Panama Canal Cruise, and was pleasantly surprised to see it end in Galveston (30 minutes from home for me). But I'm surprisingly not enthusiastic about the remaining Galveston sailings despite having sailed with them 4 times when they were in Galveston before. :confused3

I've branched out to other cruise lines since getting hooked on Disney and am very optimistic about my upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise from Galveston. Enough so that I've booked 2 additional cruises including XMAS 2015 with my kids along (others are just DH & I). You'd think I'd be tempted to switch to Disney for XMAS 2015 instead but I suspect the Disney pricing won't be able to come near what I have on Royal and I really think Royal might work better for my 2 DS's who will be 19 & 16 (16 yr old will be allowed in the adult pool area on Royal).

I sailed with Disney from Galveston Thanksgiving 2012 & 2013. In 2012 we went to 2 Mexico ports and to Grand Cayman and the weather was nice & warm. 2013 went to Bahamas same as 2015 schedule and it was cool & windy (CC was essentially a rainout).

Now, if they'd done a cruise with a day to WDW (like the few 8 day ones in Spring 2013), I'd have seriously considered that! I'd gladly give up both Key West and Nassau for a day at WDW, but perhaps I'm in the minority on that.

In 2012 & 2013 the Thanksgiving cruises were much more reasonably priced than XMAS & New Years - still higher than other weeks but much less than XMAS holidays.

Good luck to all booking from Galveston. I'm eager to get Panama Canal TO Galveston reserved tomorrow!

We are going to try RCCL this October out of Galveston. We got a phenomenal rate on a suite in Concierge. I hope I'm not disappointed.

We are looking at the Panama Canal also. We can pick Amtrak up in McGregor (10 miles from us) or in San Antonio (to cut out the layover) and have a leisurely west bound train ride, board the ship and end up right back in Texas.

Any ideas on pricing for the 7 night out on the 13th of November?

I have a dummy booking that I need to move and this would qualify just in time.

I'm also moving a dummy booking to this sailing. SO glad they are coming back to Galveston as it is much easier for me to get to.( I sailed out of Galveston last April and really enjoyed Galveston so will hopefully have a bit more time to explore)

Hi, I'm not a Texan, but I am also excited and have a question. What is the weather like to drive through Texas to Galveston in November? Will we be braving Hurricane season?

My only wish is that they were doing Port Canaveral instead of Nassau for the Bahamian cruises. Last year going to WDW was so much fun!

It was! I was on one of those cruises also. Great way to get to WDW.

We went on our first cruise ever this past Dec 31, 2013, the next to the last Disney cruise that left Galveston. Super excited that they are coming back to Galveston, but the only possible cruises we could take with 3 kids (1 in middle and 1 in high school) are the Thanksgiving and Christmas ones. And my son said he doesn't want to take another "winter cruise" again. The waves were up to 12 feet and most of us were seasick for most of the cruise. The last full day of the cruise they had to close the pools since the water kept splashing out. My guess is that the cost in the cheapest cabins (2 inside cabins, side by side/non connecting) will be about $7K for the Thanksgiving 7 day. When we took our last cruise, the price was about $200 per person per day. I think my kids would prefer returning to Disney World over another cruise and we can do Disney World a little cheaper.

On hold right now waiting to book a back to back on the 11/6 and 11/13 cruises and the 11/28 NYE cruise. We are cancelling our 12 night Northern Europe that we had booked for July next year on the Magic. We should be able to get all 3 of these for the same price as that one, minus $3000 in air fare. :thumbsup2

ukintheus said:
On hold right now waiting to book a back to back on the 11/6 and 11/13 cruises and the 11/28 NYE cruise. We are cancelling our 12 night Northern Europe that we had booked for July next year on the Magic. We should be able to get all 3 of these for the same price as that one, minus $3000 in air fare. :thumbsup2

Thats great. How does pricing look?

Thats great. How does pricing look?

I'll post pricing once I get through. It will probably be about an hour if previous experience holds true. ;) There is also another post that has all of the opening day pricing for all 4 ships. You can check there for other dates as people get quotes. :thumbsup2

ukintheus said:
I'll post pricing once I get through. It will probably be about an hour if previous experience holds true. ;) There is also another post that has all of the opening day pricing for all 4 ships. You can check there for other dates as people get quotes. :thumbsup2

They are starting to post pricing. Thanks!!!!

Curious to see what proving will be...let us know what category, number of people, discounts, etc!

11/6/15 Wonder 7 night from Galveston (Western Carribean) 2A (w/obb, no ins or transfers)
5B - $2983.30

11/13/15 Wonder 7 Night from Galveston 2A (no OBB/Ins/Tran)
5B - $3293.14

12/4/15 Wonder 7 Night from Galveston 2A 1C(6) (no OBB/Ins/Trans)
9A - $3760.35
5B - $4123.23

12/18/15 Wonder 7 Night from Galveston 2A 1C(6) (no OBB/Ins/Trans)
9A - $4162.11
5B - 5069.31

12/28/15 Wonder 7 night from Galveston 2A (no OBB/Ins/Tran)
11A - $3928.18

We live in New Orleans, but sailed the Magic from Galveston in 2013. It's a lot closer than FL and an easier drive! So so excited to see the Wonder coming to Texas!

I live in Houston and the Dec 18th cruise (wonder) date would work perfectly for our schedule. However, looking at the prices others are posting for 2A and 1K, we actually save money by flying to Miami and sailing the Dec 18th 5 day which includes Castaway and Cayman Islands. Decisions, Decisions:confused3

I live in Houston and the Dec 18th cruise (wonder) date would work perfectly for our schedule. However, looking at the prices others are posting for 2A and 1K, we actually save money by flying to Miami and sailing the Dec 18th 5 day which includes Castaway and Cayman Islands. Decisions, Decisions:confused3

I was wondering about doing this...

While I'm glad they're coming back to Galveston - especially for all the folks that will get a chance to sail Disney from close to home, we won't be doing it this time.

We also were on the New Year's Eve cruise at the end of last year on the Wonder. Since that was supposed to be the end of Disney in Texas, we pulled our 2014 major vacation up to catch it. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the intimacy of the Wonder compared to the Dream.

But, having already sailed the Wonder, and having been to the same places on the Dream last summer....and having already booked a 7 night Fantasy cruise for next summer, I just can't work another one in that close.

But, hopefully this will be a success and Disney will continue to be a semi-regular visitor to the Lone Star State.

for anyone waiting to price the Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston this is what the price was for two adults and one four-year-old $4016.27. this was for an inside cabin 11 B

Thanks for the updates everyone!! I'm hoping to book the 7 night Thanksgiving cruise tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter