Calling all SINGLE solo travelers

Okay, might as well add me on too, I am a SWF. 45 of age and divorced twice, love all things Disney, so I have been traveling solo for the last couple of years, love it but would like some company sometimes, just became a DVCer of Wilderness Lodge this May, so I will be going solo more often now, my children 23 and 25 like to do things on their own now with their friends, but if they think they are going to use my points for their trips they have another thing coming....I run a home daycare so I need the breaks......think from now on maybe 3 trips a year, if I work out my points and airfare is not too much.....plus I too am now an AP holder....

I'm looking forward to TWO trips coming up! I'll be there Sept 8-11 and taking a Food and Wine trip November 11-13, DCL November 13-17 and the parks 17-21!

Now, if only a girl could find a guy close by that might want to join her now and again, so she's not a third wheel or flying solo through the parks! Although, I've come to know, you're never alone at Disney!

princess: Faith is believing in things that common sense tells you not to princess:

imnotaprincess said:
I'm looking forward to TWO trips coming up! I'll be there Sept 8-11 and taking a Food and Wine trip November 11-13, DCL November 13-17 and the parks 17-21!

Now, if only a girl could find a guy close by that might want to join her now and again, so she's not a third wheel or flying solo through the parks! Although, I've come to know, you're never alone at Disney!

Hmmm...now, how close is close by? :smooth:

Heh. Might as well add me to the mix. :)
I'm a 32 yo SWF in love with WDW. But unfortunately, I haven't been back there since '96. I miss it so...:sad:

Anyways, I'm happy to see that there are actually men that love Disney. :Pinkbounc

Hi! :wave2: This is my first post here and I thought this was a good place to start... just joined like literarly 5 minutes ago...

I'm 21 SWF, live in Canada, actually just got back from WDW on Saturday (Boardwalk Villas) so I guess I'm a little late to meet anyone this trip but will be going back in December 2006 (*sigh* so far away haha).

Would love to chat with some Disney lovers (and some cute guys hehe) and possibly meet up next time I'm there!

I'll add to this thread too :) I'm not planning a long trip any time soon, but since I'm an hour or so away, I can pop by most weekends. I'm a 36-ish, single female parent to several cats :)

Happy to meet up with anyone when they're in the neighborhood!

to AEYRN:

Sounds like your able to visit WDW easily. I'm about 2.5 hours away (finally!) and very excited about getting my FL Res Pass (finally!). I am 35-ish and a PROUD MAMA of 2 cats... and 1 dog.

Questions: Any ideas on good/quick places to stay for a weekend night? Also, still not comfortable about visiting alone. Is there are a good place to go on this website to figure out when folks are visiting... or do you have to dig around and piece the info together??

Thanks!

staciabright said:
to AEYRN:

Sounds like your able to visit WDW easily. I'm about 2.5 hours away (finally!) and very excited about getting my FL Res Pass (finally!). I am 35-ish and a PROUD MAMA of 2 cats... and 1 dog.

Questions: Any ideas on good/quick places to stay for a weekend night? Also, still not comfortable about visiting alone. Is there are a good place to go on this website to figure out when folks are visiting... or do you have to dig around and piece the info together??

Thanks!
Sounds like the 3 of us should get together sometime.........3 single females all mamas to kitties (I have 6!) and all within 2 hours away we could really have a girls day out!

chyam said:
Sounds like the 3 of us should get together sometime.........3 single females all mamas to kitties (I have 6!) and all within 2 hours away we could really have a girls day out!

Sounds like a plan to me :) I leave tomorrow morning at the crack of way too early for a week long vacation in Austria but when I get back I'm up for a trip to the parks any time. I'm pondering a saturday/sunday trip for the f & w festival at the very least :)

As far as good places to stay, I usually hit Pop Century -- can't really beat the Florida Resident or AP rates there. If I'm going for a trip longer than just overnight I usually look at the Moderates.

Anyway, PM me if you're working on a weekend to hit the parks :) I'll check them in a week when I get back!

Hi everyone, I am a single mom, (31 next month) of DS,12 and DD, 4. I am a third year nursing student. My kids and I love, love, love going to WDW! There seems to be no man that I have met that shares or understands our obsession with the world! :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo pirate:

hmmmm, Im a Single Solo Disney Addict and havent been to world yet, im deciding if i wanna go to the world or back to Disneyland again, oh and im a Disney Vacation Club new owner :) hehe

chyam/aeryn - Sounds terrific - Count me in! I'm traveling wknd of Oct 8-9th (birthday and all...), but all other weekends in the month are free.

Oh... by the way.... very new at this... what's a "PM" :)

"PM" is "Private Message." You can use it to send a message to another member of the DIS board without knowing their e-mail address or revealing yours.

Mystery solved!! Thank you for the update on PM's. Now I just have to work through AAAALLLLL the other abbreviations :)

I have been, so enjoying this forum and the great advise and info from everyone. I am just about to purchase my pass and dive right in... before the Wine Festival is over! I am shooting for my first solo in October.

Hello from MD! I am a 37 year old, single male who LOVES Disney! I try to go to WDW at least every six months. Please add me to the list!

I guess it is my turn... don't want to be left out of the fun! :cool1:

SWF, age 27, from the Chicago area. I've been to WDW three times in the past year. I'm hoping to go back in December (for MVMCP) and in February.

I haven't taken a solo trip yet, usually I travel with two of my best friends. But I just found out recently that they may not be able to go in December and/or February, so I'm considering the solo option if I can afford it.

Hello, my name is C~, and I'm a -- wait, wrong meeting. ;)

I'm a 31 year old artist who has a love of the Disney experience. I'm also single and was lucky enough to trip onto this post, so I thought to myself, "Self, what the heck! You should post!"

Since I give myself such very good advice (though I very seldom follow it), I decided to raise my hand in a friendly wave, in hopes a nice man will wave back (and maybe friends of both genders, for that matter-- ya can't have too many friends). :)

I get to the parks now and again (you can see the Tree of Life from right down my street) and Disney has been an integral part of my life since I was knee-high to Jiminy Cricket, shaping my world, my friends, my experiences, my choice of location, and eventually my career.

The Mouse has been good to me in other aspects of life, so maybe Mickey will help me find True Love (again) and new friends! :)

Either way, I'm glad to meetcha.... I'm a total dork, but get to know me and we're sure to have a lot of fun! :)

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I. Magi Nacion said:
Hello, my name is C~, and I'm a -- wait, wrong meeting. ;)

I'm a 31 year old artist who has a love of the Disney experience. I'm also single and was lucky enough to trip onto this post, so I thought to myself, "Self, what the heck! You should post!"

Since I give myself such very good advice (though I very seldom follow it), I decided to raise my hand in a friendly wave, in hopes a nice man will wave back (and maybe friends of both genders, for that matter-- ya can't have too many friends). :)

I get to the parks now and again (you can see the Tree of Life from right down my street) and Disney has been an integral part of my life since I was knee-high to Jiminy Cricket, shaping my world, my friends, my experiences, my choice of location, and eventually my career.

The Mouse has been good to me in other aspects of life, so maybe Mickey will help me find True Love (again) and new friends! :)

Either way, I'm glad to meetcha.... I'm a total dork, but get to know me and we're sure to have a lot of fun! :)
:rotfl: Love your name. What great "imagination". Too bad there's 3000 miles between us sounds like we share the same kind of sense of humor. Anyway, welcome aboard.

Hi everyone,
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier! I'm a long-time Disney fan, now once again single and a DVC-owner. (Yes, those two are connected!) Sneaking down to my "spiritual home" 11/13-16. Most of my friends would shake their heads and say, you're going *again*??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter