Calling ALL resort experts! I need your opinions!

mjamm

Married to Scrooge...
I am trying to plan a return trip for my family the end of January 2016 and I am COMPLETELY confused/undecided about where to stay. I have created little Disney Princesses (or some would say monsters) and they would really like to try out different resorts when we go. With that being said, that leaves all the Deluxe resorts, POFQ, CSR, A of A, ASMu, and AS Sports. The Deluxe resorts are not an option financially, unfortunately. And none of the other resorts really interest anyone with the exception of A of A. I keep showing them pics of CSR, because from what I have read, everyone loves it, but it just doesn't seem to interest them. We only go during discounts (SPD) and with my family, A of A is more expensive then two rooms at a moderate. I realize all the extra's you get with a suite, but I would pass that up to save a buck. What makes it even harder is the age range of my girls! I have one VERY into the princesses and three who are more into the rides/experience.

I would appreciate ANY advice!

think there are regular rooms -Mermaid??? at aoa

otherwise go stay at Pop Century and walk over to see AoA

as far as deluxes - rent a reservation from a DVC member directly or thru a broker. the size is about the same as a moderate. that say the newer DVC resorts are more expensive, BLT, VGF, and PVB.

VWL, BWV, VGF, PVB, can sleep 5 in the studio - or will soon.

akv (kidani) and BLT can sleep 5 in the 1-bedroom.

Last edited:
I too would 2nd. the renting DVC points. It's a permanent transaction most of the time ( but the savings ) more than makes up for it. It's like staying ina deluxe for a val/mod price..Check it out...Good luck.

I too would 2nd. the renting DVC points. It's a permanent transaction most of the time ( but the savings ) more than makes up for it. It's like staying ina deluxe for a val/mod price..Check it out...Good luck.
I am just starting to research this option! Thank you!

think there are regular rooms -Mermaid??? at aoa

otherwise go stay at Pop Century and walk over to see AoA

as far as deluxes - rent a reservation from a DVC member directly or thru a broker. the size is about the same as a moderate. that say the newer DVC resorts are more expensive, BLT, VGF, and PVB.

VWL, BWV, VGF, PVB, can sleep 5 in the studio - or will soon.

akv (kidani) and BLT can sleep 5 in the 1-bedroom.

Looking into renting! Thank you!

totally agree.
however my husband would argue HE is paying... and he wouldn't be choosing to go to Disney again! lol!

Well then push him out of the discussion completely :)

Our nine-year-old daughter LOVES Coronado. As do the rest of us. Have you shown them a video of the pool opening ceremony?

I don't think kids should be in charge of deciding, but that's just me.....
I agree with Pop Century and walk over to AoA. (or have you already stayed at Pop?) AoA is the *only* resort I've visited that I have no desire to return, BUT the theming is simply AMAZING and worth going to see if you are already "in the neighborhood."
A close second would be ASMusic, which is my favorite value! If you stayed at Music, you can pool hop to any of the other All Star pools.
CSR IS a great resort, but if you don't pay for a preferred room, it can be a HIKE (.44 mile) to the main building for food, drink refills, etc. Yes, there is an internal shuttle, but for me that was a pain.
I LOVED POFQ, but it can be hard to book as it is so small and sells out quickly.

I also wonder why some families seem to leave the resort choice to small kids. Whose vacation is it? A family one or just for the kids?

I have always kept my DD and DS in mind when planning vacations but they did not make the planning decisions.

The "little monsters" will be treated to a trip to WDW. I would think that any resort would be great....

I think POP would be a great choice due to all the theme icons. As other stated you can cross the Generation Gap bridge to visit AoA. The only thing that may or may not take away from that idea is that the pool at AoA hands-down beats the pools at POP (considering you will be in January that may not be a concern). You can visit all of the other resorts at your leisure.

Well then push him out of the discussion completely :)

Our nine-year-old daughter LOVES Coronado. As do the rest of us. Have you shown them a video of the pool opening ceremony?

No. GREAT IDEA!

Believe me the kids don't get the final decision. The best deal I can book will make my decision. I am just trying to take their likes/dislikes into consideration. Every trip we have done to Disney has been a completely different experience. Early on we never opted to take advantage of the dining plan. Now that we tried it, we love it, and We have loved the resorts we have tried. I didn't mean for this to be a debate about my kids making the decisions. Just looking for other families opinions and recommendations on resorts.

I'm not a big fan of All Star Music, but I like All Star Sports. I *really* like CSR (I just returned from there) and I also like POFQ. POFQ would be better for your younger kids but I think the older ones would enjoy CSR better. OP, you have a family of 6 so if you rent DVC points you would have to rent a 2 Bedroom which will be more than the price of 2 rooms in a moderate resort. You can check David's DVC cost calculator here: http://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp . You can rent from him or from an individual on the rent/trade board for less.

I'm not a big fan of All Star Music, but I like All Star Sports. I *really* like CSR (I just returned from there) and I also like POFQ. POFQ would be better for your younger kids but I think the older ones would enjoy CSR better. OP, you have a family of 6 so if you rent DVC points you would have to rent a 2 Bedroom which will be more than the price of 2 rooms in a moderate resort. You can check David's DVC cost calculator here: http://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp . You can rent from him or from an individual on the rent/trade board for less.
Right. I just ran the numbers and either way renting 2 studios or a 2 bedroom would still be more for me then 2 mod or value rooms. decisions, decisions.

I am trying to plan a return trip for my family the end of January 2016 and I am COMPLETELY confused/undecided about where to stay. I have created little Disney Princesses (or some would say monsters) and they would really like to try out different resorts when we go. With that being said, that leaves all the Deluxe resorts, POFQ, CSR, A of A, ASMu, and AS Sports. The Deluxe resorts are not an option financially, unfortunately. And none of the other resorts really interest anyone with the exception of A of A. I keep showing them pics of CSR, because from what I have read, everyone loves it, but it just doesn't seem to interest them. We only go during discounts (SPD) and with my family, A of A is more expensive then two rooms at a moderate. I realize all the extra's you get with a suite, but I would pass that up to save a buck. What makes it even harder is the age range of my girls! I have one VERY into the princesses and three who are more into the rides/experience.

I would appreciate ANY advice!

The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are small so you'd probably want to book two rooms if you stayed there.

The one time we stayed moderate instead of deluxe we stayed at POFQ. We really liked it- the rooms with a view of the river are really nice. Plus you can use all of the amenities at POR.

You can also pump up some themed excitement by ordering something from Disney Floral & Gifts to surprise the little one--or bring your own excite-stash, hide it, and sneakily decorate the place yourself with some goodies. I think "stuff" usually trumps decor anyway. At least with mine it does.

I would book what you think makes sense for your family. Then tell them we're going to WDW and we are staying here. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to please everyone but in my experience that is nigh impossible. Everyone should be thrilled just to be going to Disney World (DH not withstanding). My advice for you would be Coronado Springs resort. Your girls will love the Dig Site pool. It is where we always stay. Cheers!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter