Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

I am beyond excited.... Way overpacked, and still can't find the comfortable bottom for the outfit! Nothing like last minute!!!!
Quick question about tossed off sweatshirts- are they really donated to local causes? Just bought two fleece at old navy just for this purpose , knowing that they would be donated..... Then I thought maybe I made that up!!! Anyone know?

Can't wait to see all you inspirations ! Last year on a bus to WDW, some very excited runners influenced my daughter and I to take this journey on! Thank you ladies!

along the corrals they have actual boxes to toss your sweatshirts, etc. I have been "told" they are donated, but have never read anything official. I do think it is donated.

We're so close!

What are people's thoughts about hats and sunglasses for the race?

Sunscreen is a no brainer, but wondering how sunny it might be by the end of the race

We're so close!

What are people's thoughts about hats and sunglasses for the race?

Sunscreen is a no brainer, but wondering how sunny it might be by the end of the race

Last year, after passing the Grand Floridian/poly/shades of green, it's all open road untilmthe overpass and the sun was coming up, straight in my face. I was glad I had my sunglasses looped on my belt. If you do not like sun in your face I would take some shades if you can.

Where is everyone finding corral placements for the 10K? I keep seeing people mention it, but I can't find anything to look up what my corral is.

Corral placement for the 10k was not published, just for the half.

Where is everyone finding corral placements for the 10K? I keep seeing people mention it, but I can't find anything to look up what my corral is.

The 10k corrals haven't been released, I believe people will find out when they get their bibs.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, runDisney posted 48 pictures of race merchandise on their Facebook page today...there are some, ahem, "interesting" designs:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.865654206793876.1073741855.139057592786878&type=1

Anyone else sign up for the shoes? I was on at 6am on the dot - got group number 1, 9am return time! I couldn't sleep last night, so excited for the expo!! :-)

Anyone else sign up yet? We won't be in until around 1; I'm afraid to sign up too early and get a time that's earlier than I can use. But I don't want to wait so long that there's no availability. Ugh!!

We're so close! What are people's thoughts about hats and sunglasses for the race? Sunscreen is a no brainer, but wondering how sunny it might be by the end of the race

I wear sunglasses all of the time, but won't for the race. I think they would just bother the heck out of me! I did pick up a hat, though, especially in light of the possibility of rain. Mine is quick-dry and very lightweight, but will keep the sun out of my eyes and the rain from directly pelting my head. :)

Anyone else sign up yet? We won't be in until around 1; I'm afraid to sign up too early and get a time that's earlier than I can use. But I don't want to wait so long that there's no availability. Ugh!!

Its already closed for today. I'm going to try for tomorrow.

Maybe will see some of you, will be in A for the 10k, costume is still undecided for that race. I will be in B for the half, in a full out Anna costume.

We are here!! It is gorgeous this morning. If Sunday is like today (which I hope and pray it is) it will fabulous. It's a little cool in the shade but not bad. It's gearing up to be a warm day though. Safe travels to those coming in today! We are headed to AK and then over to the expo at about 2.

I brought a hat in case of rain. And yes the sun is directly in our faces just past the GF.

An accident this morning made getting to the airport twice as long. Traffic was messed up. I did check my bag...with ALL my running gear. Hope I see it in my room later today.

Any advice for a princess whose coming down with the sniffles? I'm so upset. I worked so hard and stayed clear of being sick all season and now I think I have a sinus infection...just my luck.

Any advice for a princess whose coming down with the sniffles? I'm so upset. I worked so hard and stayed clear of being sick all season and now I think I have a sinus infection...just my luck.

Time to reach for the Cold-Eze/Airborne/etc! And get extra sleep. And "refuse" to get sick! pixiedust:

And we're delayed. :( Not getting to MCO until 4:30 now (as long as we keep our current departure). Hoping that's enough time for us to take ME to ASMo and get over to the Expo!

Really heavy rain on the drive this morning, too, with a few overturned cars and semis from the melting snow and ice. :( Being around all of this makes it still hard to believe that I'll be in sunny Orlando today - at some point! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter