Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

Aggh, just tried on my custom-made shirt for the half-- had it made by the same people who did my shirt for the 10k-- and this one is way too large. It looks like the man's version instead of the woman's. I just emailed them for a replacement, pronto, so hopefully they can do it. I hate to wear a plain shirt after planning out my outfits ahead of time. Which brings me to another question-- is anyone doing all three races in the same skirt or pair of shorts??? I only have one sparkle skirt--at those prices lol-- and don't know if it will make it through all three races! I might just wear shorts for the half.

Does the skirt have an attached short under? If not you could buy a couple pairs of compressions short to wear under it. Target also has some skirts..or had some skirts in fun colors.

Hello all - I'm late to join the party, but super excited.

ratherbe@disney =Lisa, staying at AKL, costume=Dory

See you at the Expo! :yay:

That 5K shirt is so great - I went ahead and signed up for the 5K - so now I'm doing 3 races back to back - LOL!

Does the skirt have an attached short under? If not you could buy a couple pairs of compressions short to wear under it. Target also has some skirts..or had some skirts in fun colors.

The shorts are attached-- and white-- so I'm a little worried about the "gunge" factor--I can wash them out after each race, though I can't be positive they'll dry well!

And the shirt guys are sending a new one in a smaller size. Thank goodness. Now I just need to solve the bottom half for the half!

Very awesome!! Which day are your kids doing the Kids' Races?

My 4 year old decided to be Merida for the 200m. She's running on the Friday. I didn't go this involved though. Just got some aqua running gear for her and then appliqued Merida on the front of the shirt. Also got some red hair extensions for her pigtails.

They are doing Saturday. DH isn't getting in until Friday night and he really wants to see them run. DD7 is doing the 1 mile, and DD4 the 200m dash.

I didn't really mean to go so crazy. But then I started, and literally could not stop myself. I still can't stop myself. I went to the craft store today and had to tell myself "no more!" LOL!

Also - thank you all for the advice on the flip belt. I bought one on amazon, and it is awesome. I haven't run with it yet, but now I'm actually thinking I will use that on some days in the parks instead of the fanny pack I normally carry. Way more comfortable!

I like water and Honey Stinger chews. My favorite is pink lemonade. Afterward, I drink half of a pineapple flavored coconut water and a Smart Water., and eat a banana.

This just got real, y'all! I am really trying not to be stressed out and nervous! I am a big what-if-er, so I am fighting the urge to go through all the bad things that could happen.

This is my routine except I do watermelon honey stinger and I do almond chocolate milk instead of banana.

This is probably my last Disney Race for a while so I am trying to soak it all in and absorb it all. Trying to stop and smell the roses and enjoy it this time but I am a big what ifer as well!!

They are doing Saturday. DH isn't getting in until Friday night and he really wants to see them run. DD7 is doing the 1 mile, and DD4 the 200m dash.

I didn't really mean to go so crazy. But then I started, and literally could not stop myself. I still can't stop myself. I went to the craft store today and had to tell myself "no more!" LOL!

Also - thank you all for the advice on the flip belt. I bought one on amazon, and it is awesome. I haven't run with it yet, but now I'm actually thinking I will use that on some days in the parks instead of the fanny pack I normally carry. Way more comfortable!

Aww, was hoping to see them in action as your youngest and mine would probably have been in the same race. :)

Don't apologize for going "crazy" -- I think their outfits look awesome!
My feet are feeling iffy today. We had another cold snap and I've noticed my aches get worse, so apparently I have weather sensitivities in my body now. LOL Skipping my 30 minute run tonight and going to hope to get out for a 10-miler tomorrow. Might get out for a walk or short run on Sunday to get some back-to-back experience in there.

Can't believe it's coming up so quickly!!! :)

That 5K shirt is so great - I went ahead and signed up for the 5K - so now I'm doing 3 races back to back - LOL!

I just signed with a running buddy!! I love the shirt and Cinderella is my fav!! Soooo, 3 races, back to back!!! LaCava on Thursday for some liquid inspiration!! Oh, Patty, you gonna be there??

20 and snowy tomorrow for 12 miles or...TM and Disney on Ice with my little one - think I'm goin with the latter for some inspiration:) hope everyone has a good long run or short one if injured this weekend!! The World in 2 weeks - yay!!

OMG!:scared: That weather is what we had toward the end of August last summer and it was NOT good for my training. From around the Gaithersburg/Montgomery County area, how about you? :wave2:
Annapolis! Leaving the 21st and can't wait!! Over the polar vortex - all of them!

It seems I can't keep up with the posts here!
Planning on one last long run tomorrow morning: 12 miles. BUT I just got hit with some sinus yuck. It wiped me out today, and I've been doing Airborne, echinacea, tons of fluids, etc., complete rest today to try to kick this thing as fast as possible. As long as it stays in my head, I should be okay, right? I thought I read some saying about if it's in the chest, rest or something like that.
Definitely found that honey stinger chews agree with my stomach the best; got a 10 oz. bottle today that fits in my skirt pocket. It's all coming together! I was reading back through my Facebook posts and came across one when I first started training. I was so excited to have walked for 28 minutes back in July without feeling tired. What a journey this has been! :)

Our bib numbers are in 7900's. So does that mean there will be groups after us?

For the 5K? Not sure.
I just know that DS was in the low 100's and I had selected the 7mm pace and the rest of us are in the 9500's in the 13-16mm pace.

This is my routine except I do watermelon honey stinger and I do almond chocolate milk instead of banana. This is probably my last Disney Race for a while so I am trying to soak it all in and absorb it all. Trying to stop and smell the roses and enjoy it this time but I am a big what ifer as well!!

Wait there is watermelon??? I must find them! I've seen pink lemonade, orange blossom and pomegranate. I don't like pomegranate though so I didn't buy those.

It seems I can't keep up with the posts here!
Planning on one last long run tomorrow morning: 12 miles. BUT I just got hit with some sinus yuck. It wiped me out today, and I've been doing Airborne, echinacea, tons of fluids, etc., complete rest today to try to kick this thing as fast as possible. As long as it stays in my head, I should be okay, right? I thought I read some saying about if it's in the chest, rest or something like that.
Definitely found that honey stinger chews agree with my stomach the best; got a 10 oz. bottle today that fits in my skirt pocket. It's all coming together! I was reading back through my Facebook posts and came across one when I first started training. I was so excited to have walked for 28 minutes back in July without feeling tired. What a journey this has been! :)
I know all about the sinus yuckiness :( I just got over bronchitis and my lungs are not up to running on the 23rd. It's okay though as I plan on attending the Expo still and will be ready for 2015 - hope you feel better soon!

For the 5K? Not sure. I just know that DS was in the low 100's and I had selected the 7mm pace and the rest of us are in the 9500's in the 13-16mm pace. Wait there is watermelon??? I must find them! I've seen pink lemonade, orange blossom and pomegranate. I don't like pomegranate though so I didn't buy those.

Seriously! Must try all the flavors! Except Cherry Cola. That just sounds gross. Come to think of it, I did see the orange somewhere, but I think it was before I started eating them. Fruit smoothie is good too. So nice of you to offer to bring some! I will see if I can get them here!

So are we all just going to meet up at the WISH meet?

I'm flying in Wednesday. What running, or walking should I do between Thursday and the Half on Sunday?

Seriously! Must try all the flavors! Except Cherry Cola. That just sounds gross. Come to think of it, I did see the orange somewhere, but I think it was before I started eating them. Fruit smoothie is good too. So nice of you to offer to bring some! I will see if I can get them here!

So are we all just going to meet up at the WISH meet?

Love fruit smoothie. I have tried the cherry cola and it is ok, but I wouldn't buy it again. I don't like the ones with caffeine in them. I love my coffee after a run though.
If anyone plans to continue running distance, it is worth going to runningwarehouse dot com and buying a box…10% WISH discount and free shipping.

Anybody have any expo experience that can tell me how much time I should plan for?

I am arriving in Orlando at 11am and planning to take Magical Express to All Star Sports, and then head to the expo ASAP after checking in.

At the expo, I need to pick up a GSC and 5k packet for myself, a GSC and 5k packet for my sister, and a 5k packet for my mom. I also need to pick up the commemorative pins that my sister and I pre-ordered, and all the tshirts associated with the races. I am not interested in any other booths or merchandise.

I am planning to go to DHS after the expo. Anyone who has been to the expo before have an idea of how long this will take? The race program kind of makes it sound like the packets, race shirts, and pins will all be in different lines/areas of the expo. Is this true? How long will these lines be?

This is not making it easy to plan!! :confused3

Anybody have any expo experience that can tell me how much time I should plan for?

I am arriving in Orlando at 11am and planning to take Magical Express to All Star Sports, and then head to the expo ASAP after checking in.

At the expo, I need to pick up a GSC and 5k packet for myself, a GSC and 5k packet for my sister, and a 5k packet for my mom. I also need to pick up the commemorative pins that my sister and I pre-ordered, and all the tshirts associated with the races. I am not interested in any other booths or merchandise.

I am planning to go to DHS after the expo. Anyone who has been to the expo before have an idea of how long this will take? The race program kind of makes it sound like the packets, race shirts, and pins will all be in different lines/areas of the expo. Is this true? How long will these lines be?

This is not making it easy to plan!! :confused3

Not sure what day you are headed in…I would hate to carry that stuff around DHS. If your room is not ready you can day check your bags if you don't use the bag tags at airport (where they pick up your stuff for you). I would think allow 30 minutes to get bus to Expo. Then it all depends on lines for bib pickup. I have never seen more than a couple of people in a line so maybe 30 min. there. The expo is open until 8pm on Thursday and I am thinking if the weather is nice I will wait and go to the expo later in the day. Is that an option, going after the park first and expo?

LET ME ADD: The all-star buses stop at all three resorts…expect on race morning (half, not sure about 10k). So once on bus at sports, we then stop at movies and the other one. Takes a bit longer as people get on and off.

Anybody have any expo experience that can tell me how much time I should plan for? I am arriving in Orlando at 11am and planning to take Magical Express to All Star Sports, and then head to the expo ASAP after checking in. At the expo, I need to pick up a GSC and 5k packet for myself, a GSC and 5k packet for my sister, and a 5k packet for my mom. I also need to pick up the commemorative pins that my sister and I pre-ordered, and all the tshirts associated with the races. I am not interested in any other booths or merchandise. I am planning to go to DHS after the expo. Anyone who has been to the expo before have an idea of how long this will take? The race program kind of makes it sound like the packets, race shirts, and pins will all be in different lines/areas of the expo. Is this true? How long will these lines be? This is not making it easy to plan!! :confused3

I went to the Wine and Dine expo in 2012 with the goal of getting in and out ASAP. My family was waiting for me back at the resort and I was relying on Disney transportation. Yes, everything was all over the place. I had to go to three separate buildings and spend a lot of time following the crowds. There was a line for packets and shirts, but they weren't terrible. Like any race, they force you to walk through the expo so have your blinders ready. Jeff Galloway was giving one of his talks as I tried to get through and there was a lot of "excuse me" and shuffling to get around the group.

The good thing was I never had to wait for buses. They were always there and would leave 5-10 minutes after I had boarded. We were staying at AKL and I think I was about 90 minutes round trip from the time I left to the time I got back, but you might want to plan for two hours since you will need to go to separate GSC and 5K tables for both packets and shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter