• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

I feel you!! I've been having a little trouble with my ankle, and that combined with this awful weather has messed up my training. I'm only doing the 10k but I'm getting nervous! My plan was to run 6.2 miles this morning and I only got done with 5k before I had to stop because of my ankle :headache:

I too had been having some ankle pain recently. Apparently, I hadn't been tracking my shoe mileage as well as I thought because I decided to dig out a fresh pair today and finally, a pain free run/recovery. Not sure if that is your problem as well, but for me, apparently inner ankle pain signals, fresh supportive shoes. Thank goodness I stocked up from amazon last year. Since they don't make my favorites anymore.

I hope your pain goes away soon. And don't say "just the 10k" or"only the 10k". 10k is still a fantastic accomplishment and a challenge to many many people! Good luck!

I grab a gel at 5 miles, which on an easy-ish long run is 45 minutes. When I race a half, I have one on the go halfway through.

Mfr recommendation is usually on the 30-45 minute range, but I aim for 45-60 min.

I fuel every 60 minutes and then at mile 11! I agree with 45-60 min in being just about right.

Something else to try for chaffing. I get this at walmart and found it works better than anything else. I use it everywhere, thighs, bra area.

MONISTAT Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel 1.5 oz. It is with the feminine products.

I understand you can walk the 5k. I am thinking about signing up to do it and my walking pace is just around 16 minutes a mile, maybe 15. My dh is slower.

Are there alot of walkers at Disney 5k's and are they all finishing within 49 minutes?

Will Disney really take you out if you are too slow?

Just to interrupt this awesome board dedicated to awesome running princesses to thank H&M for the David Beckham commercial. Back to training. Tomorrow:)

I finally registered just to say hello! I've been lurking on the thread for a few weeks now :)

I decided to run the princess late, about a month ago, and managed to get a spot through a local tour provider. I've been running regularly and did a ten miler last week but totally skipped my 12 miler today due to cold and Superbowl fun!

Anyone feeling their motivation lag?

Also, are you running in costume? I did the princess last year with a tutu and this year I'm doing a version of Rapunzel.

I'm walking/jogging the 5K with my sister and husband (not runners); we have walked a disney 5k in the past with no issues. If you're at 16 mins/mile you'll be fine.

When the Idina Menzel-version of 'Let it Go' comes on your running playlist, does anyone else do the little ice-creating hand movement that Elsa does during the very first chorus???? (at 1:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
Haha just hoping I'm not the only one! :blush:

No but I might now! Lol.

Since we're talking songs and Super Bowl commercials, I'd also like to thank Ellen and Beats for the new song I just downloaded for my playlist- Alec blacc's can you do this

And yes, thank you David beckham too! Haha

I did a GSC dress rehearsal this weekend. It went fairly well, but it rained today, and it was pretty rough. I don't have waterproof running gear, so I was soaked through. Now I have a weird ankle pain. I also the front and sides of my thighs were red. They are okay now. Is that because I got so wet?

Anyway, it was pretty good...I just really really hope it does not rain that weekend!

I added Katy Perry's unconditionally to my list, it feels empowering and energizing to me the same way Let It Go from frozen does!

Have you heard OneRepublic's I Lived? Also very empowering and energizing…it moves me in same way that Let It Go does! Love it!!! :yay:

Have you heard OneRepublic's I Lived? Also very empowering and energizing…it moves me in same way that Let It Go does! Love it!!! :yay:
I haven't but I'm gonna go look it up in iTunes!

So..... less than 3 weeks away. Technically, PHM weekend starts in 16 days according to their own website.

WHERE IS THE LOVE runD??? ! fb page still has the Tinkerbell cover pic and no blog posts or Final race instructions on the rundisney site. I know none of it is essential but I am so excited and can't wait to see more Princess stuff appear! :banana:

Completed a 13.1mi test run on Sat with my sister (needed it psychologically!!) -- outside thanks to the weather cooperating! My longest run ever, and I survived!! S-L-O-W, but given a (let's call it inconsistent) training period this time, I'll take it!! Can't believe we're already at the taper...!!

I'm getting REALLY excited about the PHM this year. I wasn't really into it to be honest, but the closer we get the more excited I get! YAY for GSC!

I wanted to share a blog hop some of us put together for the PHM. There's TONS of information here that you might be interested in reading! Check out over 35 posts by awesome writers talking about their PHM experiences!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogspot.com/2014/02/virtual-princess-half-marathon-blog-hop.html

This is awesome- thank you! :goodvibes

For the Royal Family 5k do we all start at the same time?
Or do they divide by pace times? I mainly want to make sure my dh and me are together at the start.

Also, if my dh walks at a slower pace than 16 minute should I leave him so I can keep up the pace and not be taken out?

Any thoughts from those who have already walked a Disney 5k before?

For the Royal Family 5k do we all start at the same time? Or do they divide by pace times? I mainly want to make sure my dh and me are together at the start. Also, if my dh walks at a slower pace than 16 minute should I leave him so I can keep up the pace and not be taken out? Any thoughts from those who have already walked a Disney 5k before?

I would like to know as well!

I would like to know as well!

I did the 5k in 2011. It may have changed since but they let us self corral. Asked us to line up according to our paces. Everyone took off at the same time if I remember.

I don't think they do a lot of sweeping at the 5k as long as you are moving! Injury or something preventing you from finish is another story

I was pregnant during that one and finished in 52ish minutes. Never saw a sweeper or was told to move faster. Took lots of pics, walked it. And I walk slowly! :)

Last year we were in corrals based on the estimated time we put on our registration. I think there were 5 corrals. My SIL and I were in corral C and we started 17 minutes after the first corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter